COLOURPOP | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions

COLOURPOP | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Blushes, Highlighters, Super Shock Shaodws, Ultra Matte Lips, Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencils - CassandraMyee

It was a whole year ago to this day apparently that I posted my first ever ColourPop haul (see it here), so it's only fitting I share my latest haul. I tried to resist the temptation of ordering from them this past year as I knew I would do some serious damage to my bank account. The products I have tried I absolutely love and since then they have added loads of new products like the highlighters, and matte liquid lipsticks, so I just couldn't hold out much longer.
COLOURPOP | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Blushes, Highlighters, Super Shock Shaodws, Ultra Matte Lips, Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencils - CassandraMyee

I just love the ColourPop packaging, white with holographic accents is always going to reel me in! In this order, I wanted to get a few different things and especially try out the Ultra Matte Lips, which everyone and their cat seems to go on about. It was my duty as a beauty blogger to give them a whirl!

COLOURPOP | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Blushes, Highlighters, Super Shock Shaodws, Ultra Matte Lips, Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencils - CassandraMyee

COLOURPOP | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Blushes, Highlighters, Super Shock Shaodws, Ultra Matte Lips, Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencils - CassandraMyee

Super Shock Cheek in Between The Sheets (Matte) | USD $8.00
I have one other blush from ColourPop in the shade Holiday and I love the formula and consistency, so had to get another. This one is a lot darker in tone than Holiday (which is a light peachy pink), and I think this is going to be perfect for Autumn. The formula is a cream to powder, and I find using a synthetic brush, or duo-fibre works well to blend it out onto the cheeks.

Super Shock Cheek Pearlized in Lunch Money | USD $8.00
I could not resist one of the gorgeous highlighters they now have as there are SO many shades. I went for Lunch Money, a light champagne shot with gold that I think will suit my lighter skin tone. The formula is very much like the Super Shock Cheeks - it's creamy and bouncy but blends out like a powder on the skin.

Super Shock Shadow in Puppy Love (Pearlized) (Limited Edition) | USD $5.00
Unfortunately, this is now no longer available on the site as it was a limited edition shade for charity where all proceeds went to the Best Friend Animal Society in the US. I couldn't help but buy it, plus the little paw print on the packaging is adorable and the shade is stunning. It is a slight duo-chrome golden pink, which will be a great inner corner highlighter or even used as a highlighter on the cheekbones.

COLOURPOP | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Blushes, Highlighters, Super Shock Shaodws, Ultra Matte Lips, Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencils - CassandraMyee

COLOURPOP | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Blushes, Highlighters, Super Shock Shaodws, Ultra Matte Lips, Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencils - CassandraMyee

COLOURPOP | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Blushes, Highlighters, Super Shock Shaodws, Ultra Matte Lips, Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencils - CassandraMyee
Lippie Stix in Poppin' (Matte X) (Limited Edition) | Free
The main reason I was prompted to make an order was so I could nab this amazing free Lippie Stix. They recently hit 2 million followers on Instagram and to celebrate on the day I made the order, they sent out one of these for free! It's in the Matte X formula, which is like a matte lipstick on steroids. It's so pigmented and rich with colour, it goes on very smoothly and is extremely matte. As for staying power, it does transfer, but the bulk of the colour sticks around, however over time it can be very drying on the lips.

Lippie Pencils in Skimpy, RAYEzor (Limited Edition), Bound + Brink | USD $5.00 each
After ordering Lumiere in my first order, I feel in love with the formula of these lip Liners, so ordering a few more was essential. I went for neutral shades as that is what I gravitate towards on the daily. I'm happy with all of them, and I think I'll be getting a lot of wear out of Bound

COLOURPOP | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Blushes, Highlighters, Super Shock Shaodws, Ultra Matte Lips, Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencils - CassandraMyee

COLOURPOP | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Blushes, Highlighters, Super Shock Shaodws, Ultra Matte Lips, Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencils - CassandraMyee

COLOURPOP | Haul, Swatches + First Impressions - Super Shock Cheeks, Blushes, Highlighters, Super Shock Shaodws, Ultra Matte Lips, Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencils - CassandraMyee

Ultra Matte Lips in Chi (Limited Edition), Clueless, Trap + Beeper | USD $6.00
I am so happy I got my hands on four of the Ultra Matte Lips. These have been hyped for ages and are all over Instagram, especially as matte liquid lipsticks are having a huge moment right now. I got the shade Chi from the limited edition Karrueche x ColourPop collection (the Lippie Pencil in RAYEzor is from this collab) and I love the copper accent on the tube. The other three shades I got were chosen as they are close dupes for the famed Kylie Lip Kits that I am desperate to buy, but can't justify the price nor the stress that comes with waiting and trying to access that website with 100k+ people on it at once! Clueless is a dupe for Candy K, Beeper is a dupe for Dolce K, and I didn't get this shade, but Limbo is an almost exact dupe for True Brown K according to swatches and photos I've seen.

I've only used these a couple of times and find them really pigmented, they go on to the lips well, and dry down in a minute or so. They're definitely quite drying on the lips, so if you are dry lip prone these may not work for you or feel comfortable over an extended period of time. I'm going to give them more of a test run and do a separate post dedicated to these soon.

Have you ordered from ColourPop recently? What are some of your favourite products they do?

Comments

back to top