MAKEUP REVOLUTION | New-Trals Vs. Neutrals Professional Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches

MAKEUP REVOLUTION | New-Trals Vs. Neutrals Professional Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

If you read CM last Wednesday you would have already seen this New-Trals vs. Neutrals Palette* from Makeup Revolution crop up in my Most Loved; it's also been featured loads on my Instagram as I am such a fan of it! Makeup Revolution is a super affordable, drugstore brand started in the UK a couple of years back. I've done a haul from their website way back in September 2014 (see it here) and was impressed by the products I got, so it was super exciting when Beauty Bliss announced they would be stocking some of their range.

MAKEUP REVOLUTION | New-Trals Vs. Neutrals Professional Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The palette itself is a good size; it has 16 shades in total with an amazing range of colours and finishes. As well as having a really big mirror inside, there is also a dual ended brush that isn't as bad as I had originally thought - it's not the softest but it is better than any of those sponge applicator things you get in lots of other palettes. 

The name New-Trals vs. Neutrals is so apt, as you can see the top row has a lot of very different 'neutral' shades with corals and burnt red tones. The bottom row is more traditional and a few of the shades remind me of those from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. Quality wise I was blown away with the pigmentation of many of the shades - there are a couple that don't totally hit the mark, but the majority are beautiful to work with.

MAKEUP REVOLUTION | New-Trals Vs. Neutrals Professional Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

THE 'NEW-TRALS'
The top row of shades is a good little push out of my usual comfort zone of neutral brown tones when it comes to my eyeshadow. There is a few 'safe' shades, but the rest are not so. I really like the range of finishes here too; you get mattes, shimmers, metallic, and some with a more satin sheen to them. As I mentioned earlier, most have great pigmentation, but unfortunately Custom wasn't quite as good as the rest.

MAKEUP REVOLUTION | New-Trals Vs. Neutrals Professional Eyeshadow Palette - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

THE 'NEUTRALS'
I have to be honest, I definitely gravitate to this set of shades the most; I can't get enough of Mode and Buff in particular. I find though that these shades do compliment the top row well, with shades like Mode and Strong tying in with the red hues above. The mix of shades means you can keep the eye light and neutral or deepen it with the darker tones.

Overall it's a winner of a palette and a great one if you don't want to fork out a lot on makeup but still want great quality. It's only NZD $18.00 on Beauty Bliss, and in comparison to the pricing on the UK Makeup Revolution site (£6.99 = NZD $15.40 approx.), with the shipping on top of it, it is great buying. I have a couple other palettes from them I'll be reviewing soon, but as an introduction to the brand, look no further than this one.

Have you used Makeup Revolution before? Any product recommendations from them?

*Gifted product.

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top