HOURGLASS | Ambient Lighting Edit - Review + Swatches

HOURGLASS | Ambient Lighting Edit - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

If there's one palette that people are talking about this Christmas, it's the gorgeous limited edition release from Hourglass - the Ambient Lighting Edit. The hype truly was real with this one, with Hourglass hinting at it and posting sneak peeks of the palette way back in the middle of the year.  It's caused a lot of beauty lovers to go a little mad over it, in both senses of the word - some are really disappointed with the size compared to the cost value, while others are all 'heart-eyed emoji' over it. I'm totally in the latter.

HOURGLASS | Ambient Lighting Edit - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

The palette is definitely luxurious, the packaging is sleek, and metallic (it attracts a lot of finger marks though...), but it makes a perfect gift for the festive season. Inside there are six pans of products; three powders, two blushes and one of their relatively newly released bronzers.

HOURGLASS | Ambient Lighting Edit - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

HOURGLASS | Ambient Lighting Edit - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

I will admit I was surprised about the size of it, but now that I own it and have been using it a lot, I think it's actually really great, and an ideal palette for travelling with (the big mirror inside helps too). A lot of people have done the maths on the cost of the palette, for what you get compared to the other Ambient Lighting Powder Wardrobe and Blush Palette, or to simply buy a full size pan, but personally, I wasn't too fussed at all about. In my eyes I think it's a great size to be able to try some of their hero products and ones that get raved about, without having to commit to the full sized - I mean you get six pans of different products. If it's within your means, and as a first foray into Hourglass I would recommend it, for sure. But enough about the size, let's get onto the actual products...

HOURGLASS | Ambient Lighting Edit - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

HOURGLASS | Ambient Lighting Edit - Review + Swatches - CassandraMyee

Inside the palette, you have two out of the six available full sized Ambient Lighting Powders, Dim Light and Diffused Light, as well one exclusive shade, Iridescent Light. To be honest I am yet to fall in love with these powders because as I have skin that definitely leans into the oily spectrum, these don't do a whole lot of mattifying but add a lot of sheen to my already naturally sheeny (oily...) face. However, Dim Light is a good one for all over the face (especially if you aren't super oily), Iridescent Light I find is best used as a subtle highlight rather than dusting over the whole face, and Diffused Light is great for setting and brightening the under eye area - it's definitely my most used of the three.

There are two of the gorgeous Ambient Lighting Blushes; Mood Exposure and Luminous Flush, both are stunning on the skin, giving a natural, radiant flush. As you can see above I have the Ambient Lighting Blush Palette which I absolutely adore and reach for all of the time, so I knew I would love the blushes. They're easy to blend, beautiful to use and last on the cheeks.

The final pan is one of the new Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light. I love that they included one of the bronzers because I was so keen to try them out. I think it makes for a stunning bronzer, in the swatch above it looks a lot more orange than it does once you've blended it into the skin. There is a shimmer in it, but it's extremely fine and barely noticeable once on.

I was extremely lucky that my parents brought this back from Sephora (USD $80.00) in Hawaii for me a couple of months back, but you can nab it here in NZ from Mecca Cosmetica for NZD $128.00. With the current exchange rate at the moment, it's only about $10 more to simply buy it in NZ, and that's not factoring in shipping costs if you were to get it from the States. 

If you've had your eye on this for a while, I say buy it, or you might get a little bit of buyers remorse (we've all been there). Beauty lovers will definitely be obsessed with it, and if you want a really fabulous gift that'll get you in the good books, check this gorgeous palette out.

What do you think of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit? Have you bought it, slash do you think you will?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top