THE SAMPLES #003 | Origins, Model Co., Yes To, Kate Somerville, Philosophy + AmorePacific

THE SAMPLES #003 // Origins, Model Co., Yes To, Kate Somerville, Philosophy + Amore Pacific - CassandraMyee

Another The Samples post was a very long time over due, so much so that my little box packed with sample sachets was overflowing! I've pulled out six different products, all from brands that I've either never used, or only tried one thing from them. Quick disclaimer though, obviously using a product one time isn't going to give me instant results, I'll just be commenting on my first impressions and how they felt on the skin. A couple of the samples I did get multiple uses from, so that gave me a much better idea of how the product worked over time.

THE SAMPLES #003 // Origins, Model Co., Yes To, Kate Somerville, Philosophy + Amore Pacific - CassandraMyee

THE SAMPLES #003 // Origins, Model Co., Yes To, Kate Somerville, Philosophy + Amore Pacific - CassandraMyee

Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream [5ml sample] | Full size NZD $46.00 for 15ml (via. Mecca Cosmetica)
I got this generous sample tube as a 100 point perk while I was in the States from Sephora (they seriously do the best samples). I pretty much fell in love with this stuff as soon I used it and actually the tube lasted me a good two or three weeks, from just using it every morning. I am definitely considering buying this full size tub; it felt lovely under the eyes and really worked to smooth the area and brighten it too. If you suffer from dark circles or you just need some extra hydration and boost under the eyes, I would really recommend trying this out.

Yes To Cucumbers Soothing On-the-Go Facial Towelette | Full size NZD $10.29 for 30 wipes [via. Countdown)
Sadly when I went to use this wipe it had pretty much dried out in its sachet which was a bit of a let down. Well, at least I hope it had dried out because it barely took off any of my makeup! It did smell very fresh though, and I have heard good things about the Yes To wipes, so I might just need to buy a pack and try them out properly.

Model Co. Exfoliating Cream Facial Scrub [2ml sample] | Full size NZD $24.00 for 120ml [via. Model Co.]
Model Co. have only recently got into skincare and I was really keen to try it. After using this sample, I am definitely interested in trying some more products. This scrub was really nice; it didn't have any kind of offensive smell and this sachet was the perfect amount for one use. It lathered up on the skin with water and it wasn't too harsh on the skin. The scrubbing particles weren't the traditional micro beads, instead they looked and felt like small irregular pieces of grit or sand, which I really liked. Afterwards my skin felt seriously soft, but not raw or dried out. I think I'll probably buy this full sized once I am through my current scrub.

AmorePacific Luminous Effect Brightening Serum [1ml sample] | Full size USD $160.00 for 30ml [via. Sephora]
This is a hard one to comment on because serums obviously need at least a good month of testing before seeing any results. First impressions though are all positive; I only got one use out of it, but it seemed to be a generous amount and probably a bit more than you really needed for one use. It had a light scent to it, almost just what you expect expensive skincare to smell like. It had a light, creamy colour to it and a thin texture once applied to the skin. It sunk in within 30 seconds, and just felt really luxurious. I'd love to buy the full sized one day too see the real brightening effects it could have, but currently at $160 (US) I really can't justify that!

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment [7.5ml sample] | Full size NZD $116.00 for 60ml [via. Mecca Cosmetica]
This was another 100 Point perk from Sephora, and is a really generous sized tube that allowed me to get a few uses out of it. It recommends to use this one to two times a week, which is plenty to get the full effect of this treatment. ExfoliKate (great name by the way) is basically an exfoliator times ten, and it's unlike anything I've used before.

Firstly it comes out of the tube this very strange green colour, but once you start working it onto the skin it turns slightly white and milky. The idea is to lightly scrub the face with this in circular motions for 30 seconds, working on problem areas, then leave it on for up to 2 minutes so it can get to work. After washing off my skin definitely felt a lot smoother, and more even. As far as the brightness of my skin, I didn't notice a huge difference, but that might come over time using it regularly. It's an expensive product, but you really only need about a pea sized amount, if not less. It's great for in the shower, and is an intensive treatment for the skin is just a couple of minutes.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 Cleanser for Face & Eyes [6ml sample] | Full size USD $24.00 for 236ml [via. Sephora]
Philosophy is a brand I've heard a lot about, but never had the chance to try. I found this cleanser to be really nice. It had a milky colour and a gel like texture to it, quite different from your traditional cream cleansers. It had a light, natural fragrance to it that you get with many natural skincare products. On the skin it foamed up slightly, and didn't irritate the eye area so I was able to remove a bit of mascara residue with ease. After, I was surprised that my skin felt really soft and not tight or dried out. I could see this making a great cleanser for those with sensitive skins.

Have you used any of these products? I'd love to know what you think.

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest
back to top