MAC | Lipstick Collection + Swatches

MAC | Lipstick Collection + Swatches - CassandraMyee



In the grand scheme of my lipstick collection, I only have a handful of MAC ones. There are two reasons why; 1) they are relatively expensive (if we are talking NZ prices), and 2) there are far too many shades available that it is overwhelming and makes it too hard choose. I know the second point is like a first world problem situation, but it can be daunting browsing the beautiful stand packed with lipsticks. Hence my small collection of seven lipsticks, but a collection I am wanting to grow. Here is my stash of very loved MAC lipsticks with swatches and details of the shades I own.

MAC | Lipstick Collection + Swatches - CassandraMyee

MAC | Lipstick Collection + Swatches - CassandraMyee

MAC | Lipstick Collection + Swatches - CassandraMyee

From my seven MAC lipsticks I have three which are from limited edition collections, but two of the shades you can find in the standard line (or at least, shades that are very similar). I will admit that the limited edition packaging always sucks me in and I think it's nice picking up the extra specials one, particularly if you are a little makeup obsessed like myself.

THE SHADES

PLEASE ME | Matte finish, muted rose-tinted pink. This is a great shade which is in-between a nude and a true pink shade. The matte formula means it lasts on the lips for ages.

PINK FRINGE [LE] | Satin, vivid flamingo pink. This was part of the Proenzer Schouler collection that came out around August last year, and I was instantly drawn in by the packaging. The colour is also absolutely beautiful, and a great one to reach for during the summer.

KELLY YUM-YUM [LE] | Satin, bright blue pink. Another limited edition from the Osbourne collection, but never fear because this is very similar to the permanent Candy Yum-Yum and it will give you a very similar look on the lips. This one is for days when I feel a bit daring, it also lasts really well on the lips and basically stains them after the main bulk of the colour wears off.

SNOB | Satin, light neutral pink. I have so much love for this shade and it was one of two that became my very first MAC lipsticks. I love the purple undertones you get with this shade and I often reach for it.

REBEL [LE PACKAGING] | Satin, mid tonal cream plum. I had Rebel on my wishlist for a long time, and finally picked it up in the limited edition Heirloom Mix Holiday collection packaging, but never fear because it's part of the permanent shade range too.

CREME CUP | Cremesheen, light blue pink. This is definitely my most used shade because it works at all times of the day and with whatever makeup look I am going for. It feels creamy on the lips and the colour is that typical 'my lips but better' sort of shade.

PATISSERIE | Lustre, sheer creamy neutral pink. Another shade that just works all the time is this one. It's much lighter on the lips with the sheer finish so it doesn't have a heck of a lot of pigment but it helps to add shine and evens out the colour on my lips.

I love the range that MAC have, and also all of the different finishes means that there really should be a shade for everyone. As you can tell I love my pink tones and haven't ventured into any of the amazing reds that MAC offer, but they are next on my hit list. You can buy these for USD $16.00 via. MAC US (then you'd have to use a forwarding service like Youshop to get them to NZ), or find them in MAC stores in NZ for around $40 (limited edition collections tend to be a little bit more expensive).

How many MAC lipsticks do you own? What are your favourites shades, and what ones should I be buying next?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top