MOST LOVED | January '15

MOST LOVED | January '15 - Smashbox, Rimmel, Anastasia, Urban Decay, MAC - CassandraMyee
We've almost into February, so to round out the first month of 2015, here are a few things I really loved during the month. I found it quite hard to really nail down on the products that I was into, due to the fact that I had a big clean out and I've been making an effort to use different products each day I put on makeup. But these few items have been stand outs from the month of January...

MOST LOVED | January '15 - Sali Hughes Pretty Honest - CassandraMyee
Sali Hughes - Pretty Honest
I could probably say that already this is going to be my most favourite book from the whole of 2015; I know, bold claim, but I cannot get enough of it. If you're a beauty enthusiast like myself you will devour this book. It is packed with funny stories, inspiration, amazing tips and tricks about everything beauty related. Sali covers it all and she writes in such an easy and natural way, that is straight to the point but highly informative. It's a book I know that I will come back to over and over and I feel utterly inspired after reading it and many of the things she said about makeup and how it can effect oneself really hit home to me. I'd recommend this to everyone.

MOST LOVED | January '15 - Smashbox Full Exposure Travel Palette - CassandraMyee
Smashbox Full Exposure Travel Palette
I reviewed this palette this month, which also includes swatches here, and I knew that as soon as I bought it in Sephora that it was going to become a favourite of mine. This palette is super compact, it's stupid, and is the perfect travel companion. It has four mattes, four shimmers, all beautiful and neutral and you can go really soft and neutral or really heavy with a few of the darker shades. It's a total all round winner.

MOST LOVED | January '15 - Urban Decay Single Eye Shadow in Sin - CassandraMyee
Urban Decay Single Eyeshadow in Sin
Along with the Smashbox palette, I've also been reaching for this single shadow from Urban Decay in the shade Sin, for days when I want a single wash of colour on the lids that I know will look good. This shade is in the original Naked palette (the only one I don't actually own), and you can see it in the swatch below that it's a beautiful shimmery champagne colour that you know will look amazing on. 

MOST LOVED | January '15 - Rimmel Scandaleyes in Bronze + Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown - CassandraMyee
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 012 Bronze
Lately I have been opting for a more softer colour for my liner and this month I really got into using this one from Rimmel. It's in the shade Bronze, and it is what it says on the tin. It's a bronze shade with subtle golden shimmer through it, it's very creamy, but then it lasts all day. I use this right along the upper lash line to give more definition that looks really natural.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown
Finding this product has been like a 'hallelujah' type of moment for me, imagine a choir singing and rays of light coming down on this, because the Brow Wiz is seriously the bomb dot com. I have the shade Dark Brown, which might be a touch to dark for me, but I've been working with it. The actual product though is amazing; the nib is so small and really hard, so you can make things looks relatively natural, but also give very definite shape to the brows. The spoolie on the other end is as amazing as people say, seriously I won't use another spoolie ever again. I am dreading when this runs out, but I'll be ordering another one for sure.

MOST LOVED | January '15 - MAC Heirloom Collection Blush in Sweet Sentiment - CassandraMyee
MAC Heirloom Mix Collection Mineralize Blush in Sweet Sentiment
This might be a bit mean to included because it was limited edition over the Christmas period, but you might still be able to find it. This blush has been my go-to over the past couple of weeks because it just works with everything and gives a natural flush to the cheeks without looking too intense. I did a more in-depth review of the items I got from the 2014 Holiday collection here.

MOST LOVED | January '15 - Urban Decay Lipstick in Turn On - CassandraMyee
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Turn On
Another UD product I have been loving is this lipstick in the shade Turn On; a darker rosy pink. The pigmentation on these lipsticks are insane, this one goes on full opacity in one swipe and it has a near satin finish. It's extremely creamy but once it wears away I find this shade does leave a slight tint to the lips. You can see a swatch of it below, it looks particularly beautiful when I use UD Sin on the eyes.

MOST LOVED | January '15 - Swatches - CassandraMyee

Above are swatches of each products (bar the Smashbox palette, which has swatches in the review post). As you can see there is a bit of trend with my favourites this month; I've been loving soft pinks and bronze tones together. For the summer I think that is just a fool proof combo!

Let me know if you have used any of these products, or what your most loved has been over January. Any products that I need to check out?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest
back to top