GARNIER | Perfect Blur 5 Sec Smoothing Base Perfector - Review

GARNIER // Perfect Blur 5 Sec Smoothing Base Perfector | Review - CassandraMyee

Blurring primers and products like this seem to be all over the market at the moment. They all promise to make you look younger, blur wrinkles, pores etc - you name it, they all claim it. I've only used a couple of these, but so far the Garnier Perfect Blur is one of my favourites out there (it also featured in my Most Loved September).

GARNIER // Perfect Blur 5 Sec Smoothing Base Perfector | Review - CassandraMyee

GARNIER // Perfect Blur 5 Sec Smoothing Base Perfector | Review - CassandraMyee

Probably the most famous of these pore filling primers is the Benefit Porefessional Primer, and I've been through a tube of it already (as well as a few minis); to be honest, I thought nothing could top it and I really loved it, but this Garnier one has fast replaced it. This has a much heavier and thicker consistency, it still has the silicon feeling to it, but I think it fills in pores and fine lines much better than the Porefessional. As well as that, it really does blur the skin and makes it look much smoother, maybe not 'visibly younger', but it does make a difference. It sits really well under foundation, creating a very smooth base for foundation/BB Cream to glide over, but it is also a good step if you are going makeup free and helps to smooth the skin and reduce shine throughout the day.

The extra bonus about this is that it is a fraction of the cost of the Porefessional and is readily available in NZ for $17.99. I love it so much, I'm already onto my second tube!

Have you used this primer? What do you think about the whole skin blurring fad going through the beauty world at the moment; do you have any favourite products that do this? 

back to top