My Travel Makeup Bag #005 | Light Edition

TAKE A PEEK // My Travel Makeup Bag #005 - Light Edition - cassandramyee

The past few travel makeup bag posts were hefty ones (the last one was particularly huge), where I had definitely over-packed in the makeup department (although I like having options, it's just like clothing right?), but this time around I was only off on a quick weekend trip so I managed to pack relatively lightly and just took the essentials (well, kinda). There are a couple of extra 'but what if I want to use this' type products that probably didn't need to be packed, but I had the room, so why not, right?!

TAKE A PEEK // My Travel Makeup Bag #005 - Light Edition - cassandramyee

All the makeup and my brushes fit snug inside this mesh bag I got in a three pack from Kmart (more info here). When I am attempting to pack lightly with my makeup, I always go for products I know I love and get along with, that way hopefully there will be no makeup mishaps!

TAKE A PEEK // My Travel Makeup Bag #005 - Light Edition - cassandramyee

TAKE A PEEK // My Travel Makeup Bag #005 - Light Edition - Prime + Base - cassandramyee

PRIME + BASE
Mini sized products are always great when travelling, so for primer I took a mini sized Benefit The Porefessional, which I know works well under the two base products I brought along with me. For a lighter base, the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector for Oily/Combination Skin in Light does the job amazingly well (review here), but if I want something with more coverage I covered my bases (good pun Cass) with the Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in 103 True Ivory.

TAKE A PEEK // My Travel Makeup Bag #005 - Light Edition - Conceal - cassandramyee

CONCEAL
These two are a winning duo for me and I wouldn't go anywhere without them! For under the eyes, the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser is absolute magic, and the Revlon ColorStay Blemish Concealer in Light, covers blemishes and dark spots as well as treating them at the same time.

TAKE A PEEK // My Travel Makeup Bag #005 - Light Edition - Set - cassandramyee

SET
Another winning duo is these two products. For general powder setting, the L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder in W2 Light Ivory sets everything down without looking overly powdery, or matte on the face. Once I have done the rest of my makeup I always go over with a few generous sprays of the e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set, which is refreshing, but also helps everything settle down into place.

TAKE A PEEK // My Travel Makeup Bag #005 - Light Edition - Cheeks - cassandramyee

CHEEKS
All in one style palettes are brilliant to take with you travelling and the Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette in Light (review here) always comes along with me. It has an amazing matte bronzer, a lovely champagne highlighter and a peachy/pink shimmery blush. I also had to take my MAC Sheertone Blush in Peaches, as it is a lighter, matte option and not so intense as the blush in the Sleek palette.

TAKE A PEEK // My Travel Makeup Bag #005 - Light Edition - Brows + Eyes - cassandramyee

TAKE A PEEK // My Travel Makeup Bag #005 - Light Edition - Brows + Eyes - cassandramyee

EYES + BROWS
I kept things pretty minimal in this department, with my two favourite brow products, the Australis Brow Pencil in Dark Brown and Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium (review here). For eyes, I knew I wasn't going to be needing anything dramatic, so went with a very compact palette in the form of NYX Love in Florence Eyeshadow Palette in Sunsets With Sophia, which has a great matte brown shade, and a good range of satin and shimmers. Of course I have my e.l.f. Eyelash Curlers and for mascara I went with Benefit BADgal Lash, which is all round amazing.

TAKE A PEEK // My Travel Makeup Bag #005 - Light Edition - Lips - cassandramyee

LIPS
I really don't think I needed to pack all three of these lip products (can you sense a theme with the colours here?!), but they are my favourites, so I brought the MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme Cup (review here), Maybelline Color Whisper in Lust For Blush (review here) and the NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair (swatch here).

TAKE A PEEK // My Travel Makeup Bag #005 - Light Edition - Brushes - cassandramyee

BRUSHES
I always find it hard to narrow down the brushes, because each has a very specific job, there is a mix of Real Techniques which does all of the essential, base/conceal/powder work, as well as blush. For bronzer and highlighter e.l.f. Studio Brushes cover me there, and for eyes there is a mix of e.l.f. Studio, Real Techniques, and my cheap 217-esque brush from eBay (review here).

I think I did pretty well in the packing light department for once! I've got a few trips planned to Auckland and Wellington soon, so we shall see if I will be this disciplined... my bet is not...


What are makeup items you can't travel without? Any particular palettes that always come with you?

back to top