EMPTIES | August '14

EMPTIES // August '14 - CassandraMyee
[Background Image via. Pinterest here]
So it is nearly September (bonkers, I know) and it is that time of the month when I talk rubbish. August seemed to be the time where a lot of products came to end; there are the usuals (i.e. Body Shop Tea Tree range), but also a couple of different brands that I finally got around to finishing over the past four weeks.

EMPTIES // August '14 - CassandraMyee
The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner
I've been through countless bottles of this stuff and it is a regular occurrence in these Empties posts. It has been my toner of choice over the 12 months or so, but finally I have graduated from the Tea Tree line and I am moving onto the Seaweed range, as my skin has not been as oily anymore and I've been actually getting dry patches (a very rare thing to happen to me!) This is a great toner and for anyone with oily skin and/or acne, I would 100% recommend it!

EMPTIES // August '14 - CassandraMyee
Steam Cream All-In-One Body Moisturiser
I wrote a review on this cream a while back now (see it here) but over the past couple of months I hadn't been using it as regularly as I should, so I finally used it all up in August. This got slathered all over my body (you can use it on your face too) and it is lightweight and sinks into the skin quickly and smells amazing, very lavendery.  The tins have amazing designs on them, with a ton to chose from and they would make amazing gifts. I have another tin that I will crack into soon!

EMPTIES // August '14 - CassandraMyee
Dr. Wendy's 100% Botanical Toner
This came in a Sample Bar many moons ago, and when I ran out of my beloved Body Shop Toner (above) I decided to try and use this one up as it had been gathering dust in the back of my cupboard. It was already about half used, and the rest of it didn't seem to get me far at all. It has a spray top but this didn't work at all and it just came out all in a single line so I had to use a cotton round to swipe it over my face. That doesn't bother me, but I was annoyed that it didn't work how it probably should. I wouldn't buy this, as I don't think it did much at all, although it is all natural - so it must have something good in it!

EMPTIES // August '14 - CassandraMyee
MOR Belladonna Hand Cream
Another Sample Bar product that I have had for a few months finally came to an end in August. After I used up the Linden Leaves Herbalist Hand and Nail Treatment last month, I moved onto this. These hand creams have extremely strong scents to them, which could be very overpowering and unpleasant to some people, this one was almost a bit too much for me! The hand cream was nice, pretty standard, but it did leave me feeling slightly greasy after using it and it didn't have anything on the Linden Leaves one. I love the packaging but I want a hand cream that is super moisturising and sinks in quickly, and this one just didn't quite make the mark.

EMPTIES // August '14 - CassandraMyee
e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black
I think this must be the second or third one I have used up as it is my go-to liquid liner. I get along much better with these pen nib style liners and this (super cheap) e.l.f. one goes on smoothly, is very black and lasts all day and night. I always go back to it, because it's so darn cheap and does the job amazingly well! [making iHerb order, now!]

EMPTIES // August '14 - CassandraMyee


Nude By Nature Nature's Super Anti-Oxidant Foaming Cleanser 
Ah, another product that was sitting collecting dust in the back of the cupboard. I actually had a bit clean out near the end of July so I was rediscovering all of these skincare products I needed to use up (#hoarderproblem). As far as cleansers go this was not a favourite, although it did the job well enough. The pump meant it was easy to dispense the product (especially in the shower), but I didn't find this to really foam up on the face, it mostly stayed a creamy consistency. It did a good job, but is not something I would rush out and buy again.

EMPTIES // August '14 - CassandraMyee
The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion
As discussed above, my skin has finally made a change so I was using up the very last amounts of most of the Tea Tree range I had been using. This lotion was excellent for keeping the oily skin at bay, so much so that lately it has actually been very drying for me! It's a great one under makeup, is extremely light weight, and as I said before if you are oily/acne prone - give this stuff a go, it made a huge difference to my skin.

EMPTIES // August '14 - CassandraMyee
L'Oreal Elvive Volume Collagen Root Lift Spray for Fine or Flat Hair
I've been using this very consistently for a fair few months now, it was really good to just give my hair a bit of a boost, and unlike volumising mousses etc., it didn't feel sticky or heavy in the hair. I wouldn't say this gave me huge volume but it did help to give a bit of lift to the hair. I would consider buying again, but might have a shop around before repurchasing.

EMPTIES // August '14 - CassandraMyee
Maybelline Clean Express Total Clean! Express Eye & Lip Makeup Remover
This crops up in every single Empties posts and boy, do I get through this stuff. It is my favourite eye makeup remover and does the job without stingy/irritating the eyes and gets pretty much everything off in a couple of swipe. I went to repurchase it again to find it NO WHERE. I was very upset about that one, and I think they have discontinued it slash changed to a different one, which I bought (begrudgingly so). I am hoping it is just as good as this stuff was, otherwise there will be words...

EMPTIES // August '14 - CassandraMyee
The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Lotion
Surprise, surprise, another Tea Tree product! It was actually very convenient that all of these finished up within a couple of weeks of each other as I slowly bring the Seaweed range into my routine. This is a great night lotion and has been my favourite for months on end, and I really think it helped to fade dark spots and acne scars as well as treating the skin. This is something I will likely buy again and again, as I don't find it as drying now like the daytime lotion is, plus it does such a good job I still want it in my routine!

So that is ten whole products I finished up in August, a lot from The Body Shop (I love that place), but also some different items in there too. I wanna hear if you have used any of these products and what you think about them!
back to top