SEPHORA FAVORITES | Meet Your Match Minis - Review + Swatches



When my Dad took a trip to the States a month or so ago, a Sephora shopping list went a long with him. This Sephora Favourties Meet Your Match kit was at the top of the list. I am a big fan of mini products and they give a great opportunity to try out different products and also try some brands I've been wanting to use for ages such as Hourglass and Deborah Lippmann.


This kit comes with six products; three nail polishes and three lip products, all in adorable mini form based on some of the most popular colours for Spring and Summer.

 MAGENTA / RADIANT ORCHID


Nails Inc. London Nail Polish in Devonshire Row // Fullsize USD $9.50
Nails Inc. is a brand I have long wanted to try out, we can't buy this, or ship this to NZ, so this was a great chance to try one of there polishes. I think the colour is lovely and the formula seemed pretty standard, not too thick with a good glossy finish. It will be interesting to see how it wears on the nails.


BITE Beauty Lush Fruit Lip Gloss in Strangefruit // Fullsize USD $22.00
I hadn't heard much from this brand, but their main focus is lip products. This is a beautiful purple colour and the formula is very pigmented for a lip gloss, plus it doesn't seem to be sticky at all!


NUDES / NEUTRALS


Formula X for Sephora Nail Polish in Invincible // Fullsize USD $10.50
I have been desperate to get some of the Formula X polishes ever since they were released, and was over the moon that this set included one. It is probably the most boring shade from the range, but I think it is very flattering on the nails (a NOTD post will be coming shortly featuring this). It went on opaque with two coats, which is great for a lighter neutral shade. Now all I want is more Formula X please!

Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Child // Fullsize USD $28.00
Hourglass seems to be a much raved about brand at the moment; their ambient lighting powders and blushes are a huge hit amongst the beauty world, but they are pretty expensive and I have yet to try anything from the brand, til now! This is the cutest little lip gloss tube I have ever seen and although I have been anti glosses for ages, this may well have swayed my opinion on them. It glides on beautifully and leaves a nude sheen to the lips - the best part, it is so comfortable and not the slightest bit sticky or gloppy.


ORANGEY REDS


Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in Girls Just Want To Have Fun // Fullsize USD $18.00 
Another nail polish brand I was looking forward to trying was Deborah Lippmann. There is nowhere in NZ that sells this brand, nor can anywhere ship it here. This colour is a gorgeous vibrant orange, with a very great name! This shows two coats and it went on quite thin but very opaque.


Tarte Cosmetics LipSurgence Lip Tint in Elite // Fullsize USD $24.00
Tarte is one of my favourite brands right now, my Dad also brought me back a few other products from Tarte (which I instantly feel in love with!) This is a lip tint in crayon form that makes applying a breeze and the shade is an orangey/red. It has a sheer finish to it, so don't go expecting total opacity but it does go on very smooth to the lips.

This kit is apparently worth USD $52, and you can buy it at Sephora for only $25 - for six gorgeous mini products, that is an amazing offer! If you are in NZ you may need to phone a friend in the States to get them to grab one for you as unfortunately, forwarding services won't ship it due to the nail polishes (big bummer, I know!)

Have you used any of these products? Are there any products on your Sephora wishlist at the moment?

Comments

back to top