NOTD | American Apparel Neon Violet + Orly Be Brave


Now that the weather is turning colder, I am instantly attracted to really bright shades. This follows a phase of neutral nails, and this couldn't be more opposite! I wear so many neutral colours, I feel I can get away with very loud nails, so I reached for American Apparel Neon Violet and to add a bit of glitter, I used Orly Be Brave as an accent.





Neon Violet just didn't want to come out true to colour on camera (often the case with neon shades), it is definitely a lot more purple and a heck of a lot more neon - the bottle shows it a lot better. This needed two thin coats and was a standard formula which dried pretty quick. Orly Be Brave is a really unique glitter polish; it has bars of holographic purple/pink glitter suspended in a clear gloss. The glitter pay off is really great and I used two coats for my accent nail.

What are your thoughts on bright nails in the winter? I think it is perfect to add some colour and a bit of fun - plus it's so easy to change colours on your nails!

Comments

back to top