TOO FACED | Beauty Blogger Darlings Limited Edition Set Review





When one of my good friends offered to pick up some things from Sephora in L.A. for me I thought Christmas had come early. I scoured the site and made a wee list for her to bring back and this Too Faced Beauty Blogger Darlings Set was one of the items. I had not tired Too Faced before so I thought this would be the perfect introduction to the brand and a way to try products that are loved and recommended by beauty blogger and vloggers. This set is only USD $20 for 4 mini products, said to be a $42 value.





Apparently, this was the very last one in the Sephora my friend went to and the lady had to go and search for it out back. I am so happy they even had one, even if the box was looking a little battered - the makeup items were in perfect condition.



001. Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer // AUD $44.30 [via. Beauty Bay]
This may look familiar as I have already raved about this bronzer in my February Most Loved (as well as the mascara, which is below). I've been reaching for this bronzer so much over the past couple of months and it is proving to be an ultimate favourite. It is a very generous size, the full size is 10g with this one being 4g. It is going to last me a while as a little goes a long way. It isn't too pigmented, so it allows for a much more natural looking bronze to be built up. Not only is it great for bronzing up the whole face (it blends like a dream), but it is the perfect contour shade; it's completely matte and not orangey so it gives that desired shadow to fake those cheekbones. As the name suggests it has a lovely chocolatey scent to it, very similar to the Bourjois 'chocolate' bronzer.



002. Better Than Sex Mascara // AUD $33.70 [via. Beauty Bay]
Like the Soleil Bronzer, this mascara has been very much loved since February. This really transforms my lashes, makes them blacker, thicker and super volumised whilst still keeping them looking fluttery and not a lot clumpy. You can build up coats on coats and get very little clumping. The brush is unique as it flairs out at each end and it thinner in the middle; it allows you to coat the smaller lashes on the inner parts of the eye as well as giving maximum volume to the outer lashes. It lasts all day without any flaking and holds a curl very well. It is definitely up there with my favourite mascaras.


003. Original Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer // AUD $30.20 [via. Beauty Bay]
Eyeshadow primers are something I haven't really got into, but now I think I have been converted. This primer has a tan colour to it and you only need a tiny dab for each eye and then blend it all over the lid. It dries fast and leaves a smooth and even canvas for the shadows. I find the colours seem to stand out a lot more, especially shimmery shades and it stays put all day, keeping my eyeshadow looking exactly the same as when I first applied it in the morning.



004. Primed & Poreless Skin Smoother Face Primer // AUD $36.40 [via. Beauty Bay]
I've been using Benefit's Porefessional for a few months now and always go back to it, but this primer has proved to be a very close contender. I put about a pea-sized amount onto my fingers and then put this on focusing around my nose and cheeks where my pores are very visible, it instantly smooths out my skin and it feels amazing, making it the perfect base for any foundations or BB creams. I'm not left totally 'poreless' (they are as stubborn as anything) but they are noticeably smaller and they stay that way for most of the day as this helps to keep my makeup in place. It has a very similar feel and look like the Porefessional from Benefit and has that nude beige colour to it. I would absolutely consider buying the full size of this once I have finished up this tube as it is a brilliant primer.

Too Faced have got me seriously impressed and slightly in love with their products now, if you can get your hands on this kit, grab it! At $20 it is a real bargain and a great chance to try these raved about products. I have included the links to the full sized products to buy from Beauty Bay as they ship free worldwide, making it a bit more accessible for everyone, but you US and UK/Europe girls will be able to buy it from Sephora.

Have you tried Too Faced? What are some of your favourites from the brand?

Comments

back to top