BYS | Metallics 'Browns' Eyeshadow Palette Review + Swatches


A lot of the time I am a bit of a compulsive/on a whim shopper (not very good, when you should be saving money) so I bought this palette a) because it was super cheap (around $6) and b) the colours looked great. But after that, it just got thrown into the eyeshadow draw and hadn't gotten any use until a couple of months ago that I was organising my makeup that I came across it again. I gave the colours a swatch on my fingers and I was totally blown away by the quality and pigmentation - so my on a whim purchase was really pretty brilliant!




The brand BYS can be found in Kmart and Postie here in NZ (also at Bling - but I'm not sure whether they are still around as the CHCH ones closed down). I have a few BYS products included nail polishes and my beloved brow pencil, so generally, they are of good quality. This is an 8 pan eyeshadow palette, appropriately named Metallics 'Browns'. Buying cheaper eyeshadows can be a bit of a hit and miss; they can be chalky, have a lot of fall out and not blend very well - with this palette it is definitely not the case. See for yourself in the swatches below...



The quality of these shadows blew me away, they have that buttery feeling and the swatches show just one swipe with just a light swirl in each colour. They are extremely vibrant and metallic without being really glittery, instead, have a lot of shimmer to them. They range from copper browns to true gold shades. The first two of each row do like quite similar in the pan, but have a very slight colour difference in them as you can see in the swatch below. The shadows blend easy and stayed put all day without creasing or fading.


These metallic shades are great for enhancing a natural matte brown eyeshadow and transforming it into something with a lot of shimmer and dimension. At such a low price, this is pretty incredible for 8 highly pigmented shadows. There are 3 other 'Metallics' eyeshadow palettes, with Purples, Darks and Blackout - found here on the BYS website - and I am sure they will have just as good a pigmentation at the Browns palette. You can buy it from the website Fashion Addict (Aussie based) for only $4.95.

Buying on a whim can turn into something pretty great (although I don't recommend doing it all the time... I need to take my own advice), but I am extremely impressed with this BYS palette.

Are you familiar with the BYS brand? Any other must haves from the line? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

back to top