EMPTIES | January '14


Each month I am going to have a post dedicated to rubbish; but not just any rubbish, specifically makeup and other such products that I have used all up. These types of posts/videos on Youtube are great as they are a clear indication of things that you use the most, or on the other hand want to get rid of. There is something satisfying about finally use the last drop of a product, so here are a few that I have finally thrown in the bin.



001. MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist // £5.00
I've talked about this a lot on the blog and is a product I really love. This bottle lasted me around 6 months and that was using it nearly everyday. It was refreshing and helped to set all my makeup in place, helped to eliminate any over-powdering mishaps and I think it definitely helped prolong my makeup's longevity. I would probably repurchase this again, but first I will finish my e.l.f Makeup Mist + Set and then I'd quite like to try the NYX setting sprays. For the price, this is a really great option if your in the market for a fixing spray.


002. Look Beauty Prime Perfect Primer // £10.00
This is another product I have had for over 5 months and was using it pretty much everyday. You only need to use a tiny bit of this primer and goes on feeling quite strange and very silicon-y but leaves the skin feeling soft and even and reading for foundation. It gave a good even canvas and I think it did help my makeup stay just a touch longer then usual. When I brought this, it was half price and I think that £10 is a little expensive, so I am unsure whether I would purchase it again. I am currently using Benefit the Porefessional and an MUA Primer that I am really enjoying more then I did with this primer.


003. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion
This has been my go to day moisturiser for a few months now I am loving it, so much so that I have already purchased it again and making my way through the next tube. The tea tree helps to treat and prevent acne, mattifies the skin and keeps oil at bay and it goes on very thinly and sinks into the skin very quick. I think I will be using this moisturiser for a long time to come as it is doing my skin the world of good [that is also in conjunction with the other Tea Tree products from The Body Shop].


004. L'Oreal Matte Morphose Souffle Foundation in Golden Ivory
This is possibly the 3rd time I have purchased this foundation, as I really love the texture and find that this type of mousse foundation blends out really well and has medium to full coverage depending how much you choose to layer up. It has a matte finish but doesn't look dry or cakey and doesn't break my skin out either. I would definitely repurchase this, but I have a few foundations I want to use up and try out before I do get another of these.


005. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent
I won't touch much on this but I did throw this out, I brought a new one and I am writing a blog post all about it, so stay tuned [but FYI I don't know where I would be without this powder].

I think this year I am going to make more of an aim to use up more products and not hoard them away but really get the use out of them, I mean that is what they are intended for right. Let's see how long that actually lasts, but for now I am doing pretty well, so expect more empties at the end of next month.

Comments

back to top