MIKI | Eyeshadow Quads in Smokey Neutrals + Smokey Blacks Review + Swatches


Not often you come across super cheap makeup and find that it is excellent quality. I think people see cheaper makeup and presume that it is going to be crap quality (I know I've thought that!) but that has been completely proven wrong with brands like Jordana (which is amazing) and also by these MIKI eyeshadow quads. I picked these up from Postie and I think they were either 2 for $6, or $4.00 each, which is a real steal. I wasn't expecting them to be anything fantastic but thought I would just give them a try as the colours looked great in each quad.




SMOKEY NEUTRALS
Both of these quads have great pigmentation as you can see in the swatches. The Smokey Neutrals quad has browny tones, including a white, light pink, light brown and a darker brown. They all have a bit of shimmer in them which I am not opposed to at all. It is so easy to create an eyeshadow look with this, as you have the darker for the crease, the middle tones for the lid and the white for the inner corner.



SMOKEY BLACKS
Now, this quad has amazing pigmentation to it. The shades are more darker and great for creating a true smokey eye look. The silver shade in this quad has incredible pigmentation and has that buttery feeling you find with higher end shadows like Urban Decay etc. It again has the shimmery white which is such a good staple for any eyeshadow quad or set, and also a matte black with some serious pigmentation to it.

At $4.00 each I would say pick these up if you can, the pigmentation is of very high quality and the shadows blend and were just as good as some more expensive shadows I have. You can buy them online at Postie or I think at some pharmacies as well. These were one of those pleasant surprises, and if you are just starting out with makeup these would make some amazing additions to a starter kit, or if you're a makeup lover like me then these are a welcome (and cheap) addition to the makeup stash.

Have you ever tried any MIKI makeup before? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

back to top