REVLON | Nail Polish Haul from Postie


If you are an avid reader of my blog [not sure how many of you out there...] but you should know by now that I quite like Revlon nail polishes. Partly due to the fact that I can usually find them for super cheap online, via. NZ Sale (you can usually get them for $4!), or at one of my favourite places for budget beauty finds, Postie and also that they are pretty good as polishes go.

Last week Postie were having a 20% off all beauty sale so I nabbed a couple of new shades for only $6.40 each, when they usually are $8 (pretty good price even without the sale!).



001. MISTLETOE 350
This shade caught my eye due to the gold reflects and shimmer through it. It is a mossy/olive green base but the gold through it gives it an almost duo chrome effect. It is one of there Top Speed formulas which does dry quicker then the normal range.


002. FACETS OF FUCHSIA 940
Another unique one that I hadn't seen before was this one. It has a black base with bright metallic fuchsia glitter pieces in large hexagons and smaller circles - the effect being pretty cool.


Mistletoe was very hard to photograph, due to the duo-chrome like effect, but it looks very shimmery. It needed 2 thin coats for full opacity. Facets of Fuchsia was very sheer on the first coat, and the black was semi-translucent. It took a couple more coats to fill it in but even then it wasn't fully black. It would be best to use a black nail polish first and then do 2 light coats of this over top to give the full effect. Despite the sheer base, the actual glitter coverage was great.

These are 2 nail polish shades that I haven't seen before in other brands so I am glad to be adding them to my collection.

Comments

back to top