NYX | Cherry Culture Haul Part #003


I have been slowly releasing a trio of posts in what was a rather large haul from Cherry Culture (see posts 001 - Jordana + 002 - L.A. Colors) and I left this one till last because I am loving NYX products at the moment and I picked up a few great products from them.




001. NYX Love in Florence Eyeshadow Palette in Sunsets With Sophia // USD $8.00
NYX have such great colour selection on all their products (I mean, have you seen how many lipsticks they have?!) and it goes for their eyeshadow palettes. The range dubbed Love In Florence has a total of 9 palettes with various curations of eyeshadow colours. Naturally I gravitated towards the neutral shimmers in Sunsets With Sophia. It actually reminds me a lot of the Stila In The Light palette and is a good cheap alternative I would say. You get 5 shades; 4 shimmer and 1 matte light brown (a great staple colour). This is an easy palette to travel with as has a heap of combinations to suit any mood. The pigmentation is also great, but do have quite a bit of fall out in the pan.


002. NYX Blush & Bronzer Combo in Ibiza // USD $9.00
Another product with a great colour selection, this time with 5 various shades of bronzer and blush to suit any skin colour. I went for Ibiza, a light, shimmery pink and a matte lighter bronzer shade. The blush looks great and also doubles as a subtle highlight. The bronzer is very subtle and can be built up to the desired bronze effect or is great for a light dusting to tan up the complexion. I also love the packaging for this as well and it has a nice large mirror too.


003. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere, Rust + Yogurt // USD $3.50 [currently 22% off]
If I had to pick one thing to buy from NYX, it would be these Jumbo Eye Pencils. There is a great colour selection, they are easy to use and all-round brilliant products. I find they don't crease on me, they can blend but then they dry slightly and last the whole day. Cashmere is shimmering gold, Rust is a shimmery cranberry and Yogurt is a shimmery pink champagne.



004. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Buenos Aires // USD $6.00
The last thing I chose was one of their Soft Matte Lip Creams in Buenos Aires. The website swatch was quite deceiving and I thought this was going to be a more pinky/peach (silly me for not doing a quick Google), but it turns out to be a pretty bright pastel orange shade. It doesn't look terrible on me, but the verdict is still out, I need to give it a few more wears. The formula is great though and doesn't feel drying and glides onto the lips really well.

That's it for this Cherry Culture haul, and it will probably be the last one for a while (or until they have a 40% off sale or free shipping or something... oh, I am too easily swayed). If you have tried any of these, let me know in the comments, or if there are some other NYX products I should be looking at for the next order.

Comments

back to top