MY DAILY FACE #002


For my daily face numero 2 I was off to work so I generally slap on a little more makeup with heavier coverage so it'll last me all day. Most of these items I pretty much reach for on a daily basis and I know that they work well for me.




PRIME + BASE

I forgot to put in my primer that I used in the photos, which is the Look Beauty Prime Perfect, a silicon based gel formula that makes the skin feel super smooth and ready for foundation. Firstly I used the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in Light to add slight coverage and to also help keep the rest of my make up in place. My foundation of choice was the L'Oreal Matte Morphose Souffle Foundation in Golden Ivory. I find that this just blends out so nicely, has a light texture but gives nearly full coverage and has a matte finish.

CONCEAL + POWDER

For under eye concealer I went in with the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Under Eye Concealer in Fair, which does the job but I don't necessarily love it. For blemish/dark spots I first went in with a little bit of the MUA Pro-Base Prime & Conceal to counteract any redness and then used my trusty Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in Sand. I used a big kabuki to dust over the MUA Matte Perfect Loose Powder in Translucent to set it all in place. I really like this powder and the slight yellow tint to the powder means it just blurs more redder areas and really helps to mattify the skin.


CHEEKS + BRONZER

I then went in with the Couleur Caramel Cooked Powder Bronzer to give a bit of colour and definition to my cheeks and forehead. For blush I went for the much loved Milani Baked Blush in Luminso which gives a nice pinky peach colour and a hint of shimmer.

EYES + BROWS

For my brows I used the BYS Brow & Eye Pencil in Blonde to fill them in slightly. For my eyes I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Sparkle Nude all over the lid to act as a base for other shadows. I used Sandstone from the Stila In The Light Palette to darken up the outer edges and used a touch of Kitten to highlighter my inner corner. For a bit of liquid liner I used the e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black and then curled my lashes. I went in with my favourite mascara combo of the moment; Napoleon Perdis Lashes to Lashes in Black and the Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara in Very Black. This combo does not clump at all, builds really good volume and length and doesn't flake away during the day.

LIPS + FINAL SETTING

Of course I used a Maybelline Baby Lips in Mango Pie to moisturise and then went over with the Rimmel By Kate Matte Lipstick in 101, a light dusty pink that gives a natural look but with a hint of colour. To lock everything in place for the day I went in with the MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist, which I love and I think it does a pretty good job at prolonging the wear of my makeup during the day.

And that is it for My Daily Face #002, nothing to complicated, very neutral bronzey look with nudey pink lips - pretty much a variation of what I wear most days!
back to top