SURPRISE MAKEUP BAG | 8 Items for $32


You may seen my mystery makeup bag from September, where I received a random assortment of makeup for $20 via Grabone - well they were at it again, this time with 8 items for $32. The last one I was pretty happy with so I thought why not try it again! They had a big list of things you could possibly get and they all sounded great so I took the leap (everyone needs a bit of excitement right!).



001. Maybelline Color Show Fashion Prints Nail Stickers in Midnight Lace 20
I was very excited to see these in the pack. They are totally glam and will be great for a special occasion, or just everyday - they are so pretty!


002. Covergirl Exact Eyelights Mascara in Black Gold
I am very intrigued by this mascara, it is aimed to brighten the eyes, quite the interesting concept for a mascara! It is black with small bits of gold glitter through it. This formula is aimed at hazel eyes, which isn't me, but I'm looking forward to trying it out as I love other Covergirl mascaras.


003. Maybelline Cool Effect Cooling Shadow/Liner in Cold As Ice 05
An eyeliner that cools as well? A very strange concept indeed, but an interesting one. This cool white will be great as a base, and also as an inner corner highlight.


004. Covergirl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation in 360
So I think giving away foundations in a surprise bag is a really stupid idea as you would have to be very lucky to get the right shade and the shade I got could not be further from my skin tone! But when I swatched it, it kind of reminded me of the Bourjois Bronzing Primer, so I'm going to try it in that sense as a contour and see how it goes - might be a major fail, or could be quite ingenious, we shall see...


005. Covergirl LipPerfection Lipcolor In Smitten 310
Straight off the bat I was so happy when I saw this lipstick - the colour is beautiful and unlike anything I own. Not really Spring/Summer shade but I will have it tucked away ready for autumn! It feels very smooth and is very pigmented.



006. L'Oreal Paris HIP Bright Shadow Duo in 864 Bustling
I used to have one of these and it was so pigmented but the shades just weren't for me, but this duo is perfect. It has a matte brown and a shimmery gold, both very buttery and pigmented. Although the plastic part in the lid top keeps falling out when I open it which is a bit of a pain.


007. Maybelline Shine Sensational Lip Gloss in 15 Crushed Candy
I say it a lot but lip glosses just aren't my thing, but this one smells AMAZING, just like peppermint. I will give it ago - but no promises.


008. Maybelline Fit Me Blush/Highlighter in Champagne Bloom
The last item I received is this 'blush' - I say blush because really it is a highlighter colour. I love the colour but to swatch it, it took quite a bit and didn't seem very pigmented.

Overall I am really pleased with the items I got and look forward to trying them out! At $4 each, it is a great deal and if you like to take a bit of a risk, look out for these surprise/mystery bags on the Grabone Store.
back to top