MOST LOVED | October '13



Let's all just say it together... "I can't believe how fast this month has gone!" But honestly I don't know where 2013 is going, Christmas is in 2 months (although all the shops seem to think it's tomorrow) and I only have one more exam left, till I'm free for the summer!

I have a few products that I have been loving this month, although I feel like I spent most of the month make-up free studying away in my room, but the products I have been grabbing I just have to share. I also have some brilliant albums which have been on constant repeat this month.


BEAUTY 

001. Wet N Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder in Starlight Bronze
I actually did a whole post dedicated to this product with swatches etc here. This gives a nice bronzed glow to my face without being really glittery and has quite a bit of gold undertones in it so it never looks orange. It was super cheap and it's great quality and pigmentation.

002. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
A recent addition to my make up collection, care of Cherry Culture, and one that I have been grabbing at the most (even choosing it over my beloved MAC Peaches!) is the gorgeous Luminoso blush. It is a light peachy, pink with very subtle shimmer, perfect as the weather gets warmer.

003. Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
I probably don't need to say much about this, but I love it and earlier this month I was wearing it nearly everyday. It's pigmented, it stays on all day/night and the colour is everything I could want from a cream shadow.

004. MUA (Make-Up Academy) Matte Perfect Loose Powder in Translucent
I picked this up, because it was only £2.30 on MUA, and I have hit pan pretty bad on my Rimmel Stay Matte so thought I would try out another powder. I was very surprised with this gem, the powder is very fine, so doesn't look cakey and goes on nice and smooth to set everything in place. Although it says it is translucent it has a slight yellow colour to it, which is nice as it helps to cancels out redness. The one thing that could be improved is the packaging, as the sifter things gets powder all over the place if you're not careful - but I can look past that as the product it self is great.

005. ORLY Nail Polish in La Vida Loca
It's bright, punchy and in your face, exactly what I want from a hot pink colour! You can see it in action here.

006. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Nude Chair
I've really been loving this for under eye concealing and works well to brighten my under eye but also be light and really easy to blend. It has a twist/click pen application so a couple of swipes under the eyes, blend and your good to go - dark circle free!

MUSIC 


007. Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience - 2 of 2
That smooth and sexy voice from that smooth and sexy man, JT has provided, yet again, another stand out album. We were pretty lucky to get 2 JT albums in one year and I think it makes up for the 7 years (or how ever long it was) of waiting for some new music! Part 2 is a lot more darker and sexier then part 1 and my favourites are TKO, Cabaret (feat. Drake) and Drink You Away -  which I can't get enough of.

008. Chase & Status - Brand New Machine
No More Idols from 2011, is an utter stand out album for me, so when they decided to release another album, I was one happy camper. Chase & Status deliver once again with drum and bass infused with the 90s - it's magic. Must listens are Pressure, Lost & Not Found, Like That and Alive.

009. Sub Focus - Torus
It seems like all the top drum and bass producers came out with albums at the same time and Torus is absolutely stunning. There are some good anthem feeling tracks but also more chilled tunes as well. Stand outs include, Endorphins, Turn Back Time and Tidal Waves.

I want to know what you've been loving, so let me know in the comments.
back to top