MOST LOVED | August '13


The end of month Most Loved rolls around yet again - a few less products then last month as I haven't really changed my mascara, concealer etc (if you want to see last months, click here), but I have found a few new additions which have changed my life - as much as beauty products and hair brushes possibly can! So here they are...

BEAUTY


001. The Original Tangle Teezer in Disco Purple
I honestly can not rave enough about this little strange looking hair brush! It has been the best thing for my hair, wet or dry, it works amazingly and just glides through the hair without pulling or damaging. I did a whole blog post about it here and where you can buy it. Everyone needs this in the life. Hands down. Period.


002. Bourjois Bronzing Powder
The chocolate bronzer... heard enough about it already? Well I discovered it this month and have been loving it. It's not orangey, it's matte you can build it up - it really is the perfect all round bronzer.


003. Revlon Luxurious  Color Satin Eye Shadow in Nude Slip 020
This is a beautiful rose gold, light bronzey eyeshadow and is one of those shadows you can just swipe on and be good to go. It has a satin finish with shimmer through it and is highly pigmented and super inexpensive!


004. MAC Sheertone Blush in Peaches
The perfect, buildable pink coral blush - you really can't go wrong. It is highly pigmented and you can't really go wrong with MAC blushes in general.


005. MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist
This fixing mist has become a staple in my make up routine. You spray it on your face after finishing your makeup and it helps to keep it in place and just smooths everything out so nicely. It is really cheap, feels refreshing on the skin and doesn't have an offensive smell -  a win in my books!


006. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
This has completely changed the way I do my nails, I was using a Sally Hansen top coat - but the Seche Vite has to be a 'holy grail' top coat for me now! It does have quite a strong smell, kind of like a vanish, but it goes on quite thick but smooth and it dries completely hard in about 10 minutes! It prevents chipping a lot longer than the Sally Hansen one and I absolutely love it.


007. Juicy Couture Couture La La Perfume
Juicy Couture do some beautiful perfumes and I actually have most of them, and often like to switch between them all depending on how I feel but this month I have been gravitating towards this as my scent of choice. I am no good at describing scents so took this from the Juicy Couture website which says it blends sparkling mandarin with bold white florals and I would have to agree; it has a perfect balance of more sweet floral, with a more sharp citrus scents. Not only does it smell lovely - the bottle is amazing!

RANDOM

Hoodie Allen is an independent rapper who deserves more fame then he has. I absolutely love his music, it's not like hard core rap, it has a more pop vibe to it and he has very clever lyrics often rapping about things in popular culture. He is amazing to his fans and all his other albums are available to download for free! The Americoustic EP has 5 acoustic renditions of some of his best songs as well as one new track. This EP has been on repeat for most of the month.

This is an amazing tumblr where a girl uploads sketches of popular clothing as seen on fashion bloggers! Think the Celine bag, or Chloe boots - this girl is super talented and captures the essence of what bloggers wear.

010. 99 Problems: Even World Famous Rappers Have Problems - Daily Illustrations by Ali Graham
Another tumblr, this one includes illustrations taking inspiration from Jay-Z's '99 Problems' and is super clever and witty. If you're a Jay-Z fan, you are sure to love this!

So that it is for another month! Link below if you have done a most loved or favourites post below because I love seeing what other people have been enjoying!
back to top