L'OREAL | Colour Riche Balm - Review + Swatches


Yes, of course, L'Oreal had to bring out their own range of lip balms to join the balm party. I have seen many reviews about these being compared to the Revlon Lip Butters but to be honest I don't think they can be easily compared and are in a sense completely different! 
The Revlon Lip Butters I would say are more in between a lipstick and a balm and they are much more pigmented in colour. These L'Oreal Balms are basically a tinted lip balm and a different product from the Lip Butters - from now on no more comparisons will be made to Revlon - these are in a different category in my eyes!

These were released a year or so ago I believe and I managed to nab these 4 colours from the daily deal website of Grabone - 4 for $40 - a steal in my eyes, seeing as I think they are over the $20 mark in stores. There are 8 colours in the range, and I think these 4 give a good snapshot of the colours available. Check the L'Oreal website here to view the other colours in this line. 


These have light pigmentation and are designed to be sheer colour on the lips. They are extremely moisturising and that feeling lasts for a couple of hours after applying. I like the tinted/sheer colour of the balms as most days I don't feel like wearing an especially bold lip colour, and these just give that slight hint of colour. I would say Pink Satin - as scary as it looks in the tube - is the most disapointing and has little colour pay off on the lips and is just like a normal plain lip balm. The other three pack more colour on the lips. 

I love the design of the packaging, it has an expensive feel to it and each colour is easily recognisable due to the corresponding lid colour. I think for a tinted lip balm, these are a great product, they are SPF 15 which is a bonus and they are moisturising, also the hint of colour makes them easy to wear on an everyday basis, especially if you are a little afraid of a bold lip colour.

My pick out of the 4 is Heavenly Berry - a nice reddy pink, that enhances the natural lip colour and is super easy to swipe on before running out the door.
back to top