MOST LOVED | May '16 - ColourPop, M.A.C, Essie, Australis + Covergirl

MOST LOVED | May '16 - ColourPop, M.A.C, Essie, Australis + Covergirl - CassandraMyee

The depths of Winter are upon us, so we can all stop saying 'winter is coming' as winter is basically here! As it's the end of the month, it is time to wrangle together all the products I had been loving in May. Admittedly, there wasn't a whole load of new things I was using, but there were some standout products that are old faves, as well as some new additions.

MOST LOVED | May '16 - ColourPop, M.A.C, Essie, Australis + Covergirl - CassandraMyee

MOST LOVED | May '16 - ColourPop, M.A.C, Essie, Australis + Covergirl - CassandraMyee

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Fresh Complexion Oil-Free Foundation in 110
I have had this foundation for a little while ago as I bought it when it was first released. People were definitely raving about it, but I tried it once and really didn't like it at all. At the time, I actually had to take it off and start again with another product and that doesn't happen often. I'm not sure what came over me, but a couple weeks ago I thought I should really try this again instead of having it sit in my drawer unloved. I tried it and instantly my opinion on it changed - this foundation is awesome and if you have oily skin you need it! I've tried a lot of great foundations lately, but this one is actually the most long lasting on my skin. The shade I have is perfect for my pale winter skin, it blends well, has medium to full coverage that's buildable and prevents me from getting too shiny. I am so glad I tried this again and once I've used it I'll definitely be repurchasing it!

Australis Fresh + Flawless Pressed Powder in Light Beige
If you follow my blog regularly you would have seen a couple of these feature in my Empties posts - it's no secret that I love this powder. But, the reason I am featuring it in my Most Loved again is that they have brought out lighter shades and extended the shade range to six now - hooray! The lightest shade they used to have was Natural, which I still use but it is just a bit dark on the whole - this shade ,however, matches me so well. This powder gives a bit of extra coverage on the skin, sets and prolongs makeup, and also is great for touch ups throughout the day.

Colourpop Super Shock Cheek in Between The Sheets
With the cooler weather hitting, I am definitely reaching for darker shades in my makeup. This blush is the perfect Autumn/Winter colour as it gives a bit of a deeper pink on the cheeks than I usually wear. These cream blushes are amazing; they have this bouncy creamy consistency but once on the skin, they blend easily and set to a powder finish. If you make an order from Colourpop be sure to pop a shade (or two) of these in your cart.

M.A.C x Brooke Candy Lipstick in Whirl
When I saw the press release for this collection, I knew I needed to get something - purely for the packaging alone. My limited edition M.A.C collection is growing rather quickly, with this Brooke Candy lipstick being a welcomed addition. The main clincher for my purchase (and splurge of NZD $44 for a lipstick...) was that they put the very famous shade of Whirl in this amazing silver bullet. I love the Whirl Lip Pencil, and I love the lipstick too. The matte formula is fab as it sticks around for ages and the colour is going to be a staple this Winter! Sadly I'm not sure whether this is still in stores but never fear - you can still get Whirl in the permanent line.

Essie Nail Polishes in Wrap Me Up + Cozy in Cashmere
I always love an Essie polish but in May, I found myself reaching for these two shades the most. Both are from the Cashmere Mattes collection brought out in 2015, and both dry down to a satin matte finish on the nails. Wrap Me Up is a 'whisper soft pink' but I find it's more of a cream on the nails. It also looks amazing with a top coat, but you lose the matte finish. It takes a good two coats but I just love the colour I don't mind having to apply thicker layers. Cozy in Cashmere is a 'mauve with deep velvet undertones' - this shade is the most unique with a duo chrome of mauve contrasted with blue shimmer through it.

What were some of your favourite products in May?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top