MY BEAUTY STORE HAUL | QVS, Carmex, Kiss, Via + Argania

MY BEAUTY STORE | QVS, Carmex, Kiss, Via + Argania - CassandraMyee

As you might know, I love online shopping and I am always looking for new sites to buy from, especially when it comes to beauty products. My Beauty Store is an NZ based online store that sells products from brands such as Carmex, QVS, Tender Love + Carry, Moyou, VIA, Kiss, and Argania. I had actually bought from their site years ago when they were stocking more beauty brands (I think I got some Orly nail polishes from them), but since then they have changed things up a bit.

MY BEAUTY STORE | QVS, Carmex, Kiss, Via + Argania - CassandraMyee

The Beauty Collective who run My Beauty Store reached out to me and asked me if I wanted to try some of the products they stock and give them a whirl. Many of the brands I had heard of and used before so I was really keen to try a few more products from them. 

MY BEAUTY STORE | QVS, Carmex, Kiss, Via + Argania - CassandraMyee

QVS is a brand I'm really familiar with since a young age and it was a go-to for beauty tools, like nail files, clippers, lashes etc. One thing I hadn't tried out was their brushes, which they have a wide range of available. 

The dual ended Brow Brush* ($12.99) has a spoolie on one end that is really good and an angled bristle brush that can be used with powder, wax, and pomades. It's a little more flexible than other brow brushes I've used but it does the job well. 

The Blusher Brush* ($15.99) is a good size for blush (as you might expect), although I find the bristles not very soft and it can be a little scratchy. It does spread and blend product well on the face but I have much nicer brushes in my collection. 

The Retractable Lip Brush* ($13.99) makes a great handbag/travel brush, which has a hygienic lid in case you need to touch up on the go. The brush has soft, synthetic bristles which are quite dense so you can get good control when applying lip colour - particularly handy for darker shades to get a crisp edge on the lip line.

Kabuki Brushes* ($15.99) are great for powders, mineral/loose powder and foundation and make the act of swirling it onto the face very straightforward, and it gives you great coverage. I found the bristles on this were a little scratchy like the Blusher Brush, and I've had a bit of shedding too.

As well as brushes QVS do a bunch of other beauty tools, so I was also sent a pack of Individual Lashes* ($13.99), which has 60 separate lashes of various lengths, with the adhesive glue too. The 4-Way Buffer Block* ($10.99) is a must have and my favourite item from this haul. It arrived at the perfect time as my older buffing block really needed replacing. I love using this to give my nails an at home manicure. Pictured below is the Leopard Print Nail File* ($6.99) and it has just the right amount of coarseness to shape the nail. If you are after some good quality nail tools and nail treatments, QVS is a good brand to check out. 

MY BEAUTY STORE | QVS, Carmex, Kiss, Via + Argania - CassandraMyee

My Beauty Store also stock body care, and hair care items too. The VIA D-Tangler in Silver* ($10.99) is much like the Tangle Teezers but I wanna say not quite as good. I'm a loyal Tangle Teezer fan, but this does do the job really well and it's a bit cheaper than others too. It comes in a bunch of different colours, it's great for wet and dry hair and gets rid of knots with ease. 

For lip care, I was sent the KISS Strawberry Lip Balm* ($7.99) which is obviously an EOS style lip balm, but I think I might prefer it over the EOS ones. I find it a touch creamier and easier to glide onto the lips, and it leaves them moisturised for longer. Carmex is a brand that does classic lip care products that I'm sure many of you have tried. This is their original Moisturising Lip Balm Stick* ($4.99) and if you suffer from really dry lips, this works well to soothe and heal.

The brand Argania offers hair care products that use argan oil as a base, and I have used this particular Hair Oil* in the past. I apply a small amount to damp hair and focus it on the ends, where I really need the conditioning. It helps to condition, smooth and de-frizz my hair and makes it look a lot healthier and shinier. 

As you can see there are a lot of different products available, and there are so much more on the website. They ship to New Zealand (free over $40.00, or flat rate of $5.00) and Australia (free over $100.00, or flat rate of $15.00). 

Have you shopped on My Beauty Store before? What do you think of the products?

*Gifted Products. 

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top