ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS | Contour Kit in Light - Review + Swatches

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS | Contour Kit in Light - CassandraMyee

I knew it wasn't going to be long before I jumped on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit hype. After months of hoping I could find the cheaper 'dupe' in the Australis Contour + Highlighting Kit (side note - I actually ended up buying the Australis one last week after finally spying it at Farmers), I just decided to order the real thing, and I am so glad I did.

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS | Contour Kit in Light - CassandraMyee

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS | Contour Kit in Light - CassandraMyee

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS | Contour Kit in Light - CassandraMyee
Before I got this palette I was using the NYX Blush in Taupe as my main contour shade, and it worked really well (plus it's very cheap!), but I wanted to venture out and try something different. So in comes the ABH Contour Kit. It has you covered in the highlighting and contour department, with six shades to hopefully work for most skin tones (the actual palette comes in Light/Medium, Medium/Tan or Tan/Deep options).  

You get three highlighting shades in Vanilla (light pale cream), Banana (matte light yellow) and Sand (shimmery highlight shade). I get a lot of use out of the Banana shade to set my under eye concealer and find it helps to brighten the area as well as set things in place. The shimmery highlight in Sand is very subtle, which I quite like as I've got The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer when I want some serious highlighting action.

For the actual contouring side of things, you have three options; Java (matte light brown), Fawn (more ashy brown) and Havana (terracotta brown). Out of these three, my main pick for contouring the cheekbones is Fawn - it gives that shadow effect rather than a bronze coloured, which looks a lot more natural. Sometimes I like to mix Java and Fawn and use that for the contour. Havana is my least used shade, but it does work well for bronzing up the skin especially around the forehead and jawline.

The powders themselves blend very well on the skin and they have good buildable pigmentation to them as you can see in the swatches, even the lighter shades show up really well. Another thing I love is that you can replace the shades once you use them, and each one is simply magnetized into the palette. I think if you are just starting out with contouring or keen to try one of these kits, this is a great one and very versatile too. Not only do they make good contour colours, you can also use them as eyeshadows.

I bought my palette from Urban Outfitters online, for USD $40.00 here, as they have free shipping to NZ with orders over USD $50, and they have a brilliant beauty section. I also like to stock up on my beloved Anastasia Brow Wiz while I'm there!

Have you jumped on the contouring hype?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top