EMPTIES | February '15 [feat. The Body Shop, Natio, Revlon, e.l.f. + Garnier]

EMPTIES | February '15 [feat. The Body Shop, Natio, Revlon, e.l.f. + Garnier] - CassandraMyee

As the short month of February draws to a close it's time to share the products I used up this month. There's a good mix of skincare and makeup this month, so read on if you want reviews and to see whether I'll be repurchasing certain products again.

EMPTIES | February '15 [feat. The Body Shop, Natio, Revlon, e.l.f. + Garnier] - CassandraMyee

The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner
This is possibly bottle number three that I've been through of this toner and it's one I'll keep coming back too and I have already repurchased. I like this toner as I don't feel like it dries the skin or strips the skin of oil but it helps to keep my oil levels balanced and removes any excess dirt or makeup that I might have missed with cleansing.

EMPTIES | February '15 [feat. The Body Shop, Natio, Revlon, e.l.f. + Garnier] - CassandraMyee

Natio Acne Clear Spots Purifying Spot Treatment
Along with pure tea tree oil, this is my spot fighter of choice. I usually dot this on any spots after my night time skincare routine and leave it to work its magic over night. Smaller spots usually clear up in a day or so, but for more gnarly spots, it definitely helps to reduce the redness and swelling and reduces them in a couple of days. You'll notice I cut the top of this one because I didn't want to waste any product inside, but I've already gone out and repurchased another one!


EMPTIES | February '15 [feat. The Body Shop, Natio, Revlon, e.l.f. + Garnier] - CassandraMyee

Revlon ColorStay Blemish Concealer in Light
I've been using this concealer for quite a while and it was definitely time to get rid of it as I was scrapping the sides trying to get the product out. I do like this, I find it conceals well but doesn't look too cakey on the skin. I'm not sure on the whole acne fighting power as I don't think it really has enough active ingredients to really deliver on that claim, but it was a nice concealer for blemishes and one I would consider repurchasing again if it wasn't for a few other concealers I have to get through.

EMPTIES | February '15 [feat. The Body Shop, Natio, Revlon, e.l.f. + Garnier] - CassandraMyee

e.l.f. Studio Acne Fighting Foundation in Buff
When I first starting using it, I kind of hated it but I have really grown to love it. It has a very thick formula and a little goes a long way. I always use a damp beauty blender style sponge to apply this as I find it gives it the most natural looking finish (but obviously not natural, you can definitely tell you have foundation on when you use this). It gives great coverage, on the medium to full side, it just depends if you layer it or not. It wears well throughout the day and doesn't break me out (I would be worried if it did, considering it is 'acne fighting'). The only downside is the colour selection; Buff was definitely too dark, but worked well when I was fake tanned. I am currently using the shade Porcelain which is working well for me at the moment.

EMPTIES | February '15 [feat. The Body Shop, Natio, Revlon, e.l.f. + Garnier] - CassandraMyee

Garnier Perfect Blur 5 Sec Smoothing Base Perfector
Surprise, surprise, this is in another empties post! I am basically churning through a tube of this every month because I just love it! It is my primer of choice, especially to fill in pores and to create an even texture for my foundation to apply and adhere too. I'll keep buying this until I find something better, but currently this is super affordable and readily available and I couldn't rave about it enough!

EMPTIES | February '15 [feat. The Body Shop, Natio, Revlon, e.l.f. + Garnier] - CassandraMyee

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil
I have seriously fallen in love with this product; it featured in my Most Loved September and I'm only just coming to the end of the bottle now. I think I probably have about two uses out of it so thought I would feature it for February as technically the month isn't over when this goes up. I use this most nights before cleansing to remove the makeup from my face. I take two pumps on a dry face, massage it in, add some water until it emulsifies, and then rinse it off with a flannel before following up with my cleanser etc. It gets rid of makeup so easily and it does work well for the eyes (although I would recommend removing the bulk of it with a proper eye make remover; this just helps to get rid of any left over mascara that might have been missed). I can't rave about this enough; it's around NZD $32, but this bottle has lasted me about 6 months of continual use at least 3-4 a times a week.

As you can tell I love a lot of these products, and it's no surprise really because I've finished them all the way to the end!

Have you used any of these products? What do you think about them?

bloglovin' | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest

Comments

back to top