LUST HAVE IT | Women's Beauty Box June '14 - End of Month Review

LUST HAVE IT // June '14 | End of Month Review - CassandraMyee









The July Lust Have It Women's Box* just landed on my doorstep the other day so it is time to round out the June one and give you my thoughts on the products inside. The June box (well technically, bag) contained of 7 items; 4 full sized products and 3 samples and the value worked out to be around $68.00. Overall I really loved the products and would totally recommend this subscription service over others (and I'm not just saying that because Lust Have it sent this to me, you saw my Goodie Box unboxing right?)

001. Teeez Trendy Cosmetics Head Over Heels Nail Lacquer in Atomic Dragonfly // [RRP $18.00 (7ml)]
I absolutely loved receiving a nail polish in the box, and as you know I have a slight obsession with the things and love trying out new ones. This one totally impressed; the colour is a stunning deep navy with subtle shimmer through it (you can see the swatch of it in the unboxing post), the wide brush meant it covered the majority of the nail in one swipe and I could get away with only one coat! It promised 3 days of no chipping and that is exactly what I got, bar a tiny bit of chip wear that was hardly noticeable, after that it lasted another 2 days before it was starting to look a bit disheveled. This polish gets a huge thumbs up from me; the packaging is beautiful, and the formula is seriously impressive.

002. John Plunkett Essentials Glyco Peel // [RRP $29.95 (15ml)]
I've been using this peel over the past couple of months as I got it in a Violet Box. Overall it is a great chemical exfoliant that you can really feel working once you place it on the skin. It has a thin gel consistency and you only need a about a pea sized amount to spread over the face. It takes about a minute or so to dry down and then you can place your serums/moisturisers over top. It works a heck of a lot better than manual exfoliation and I'd definitely buy this myself after I've used the two tubes up!

003. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo [Full Sized RRP $27.95 (40ml)]
I was most excited to see this little sample tube in the bag as I have been wanting to try this for ages as I always hear amazing things about it. I'll be ordering the full sized very soon (probably after I finish writing this) as I felt it really helped to clear up breakouts on my chin area after just a couple of uses and I can see using this over time is only going to be beneficial for my skin.

004. Orly Nail File // [RRP $1.65 per set]
There isn't much to really say about the nail file sets other than the fact they are super handy to have in your bag and they do the job as you would hope!

005. Orly Toe Separators // [RRP $4.95]
Again, I don't think these need a review - they separate your toes, making polish painting a bit easier!

006. Nuxe Creme Nirvanesque First Expressions Lines Cream // [Full Size RRP $49.99 (50ml)]
Obviously with foil sachets it is a bit hard to really judge on how effective the cream inside is, so I can only go off my one use of using this. It was relatively light cream with an off beige sort of colour to it, it applied well to the skin, was very easy to massage in and sunk in after a minute and left my skin feeling really well moisturised and incredibly smooth and soft. I did find it had quite an odd scent to it, which is the one downside of it. As for the first lines/wrinkles aspect you really can't judge it just from one use, but I'll keep this on my radar if I am in the market for a new day cream.

007. Nuxe Nirvanesque First Expressions Lines Eye Contour Cream // [Full Sized RRP $44.99 (15ml)]
Again with such a small sample it is hard to evaluate the long term effects that using this eye cream could have. The sample was 2ml, so quite a significant amount of product as you only need a small amount which meant I could get a few uses out of it (it is just annoying storing these sachets!). It was very light, and once applied sunk in almost straight away. It definitely gave me some well needed moisturising in that area without feeling heavy. I would consider purchasing this as a full size, as I've heard great things about Nuxe overall as a brand, and a good eye cream is a must!

I gotta say I was very impressed with this box/bag, for only AUD $19.95 a month, it is much cheaper than other subscription box offerings and includes brands that I have actually heard of and am excited to try out. If you would like to sign up for Lust Have It, you can use the code CASSMYEE for $5 off your first Women's Beauty Box!

Do you get Lust Have It Boxes? What do think of the products in this June box?

*This was sent to me, but all opinions are my own.
back to top