MOST LOVED | July '14

MOST LOVED // July '14 - CassandraMyee
This was definitely one of those super quick month's that just whizzed by, and on a whole, it treated me pretty darn well! July turned out to be the month of the palettes and I found myself reaching for a particular three during the month of July. Of course, there are a couple of other beauty products that made the cut of Most Loved, as well as a few non-beauty loves too.

BEAUTY

MOST LOVED // July '14 - CassandraMyee

MOST LOVED // July '14 - Medium Z Palette Black - Benefit + e.l.f. Beauty Book - CassandraMyee
Z Palette - Black Medium Size // [via. Gracie Lou]
This is more of a broader favourite and encompasses my new smaller Z palette as a whole. I have an extra large Z palette and you can read all about my depotting mission here but I had a few more things I wanted to consolidate and they just happened to fit perfectly into the medium size. On the left of the palette are pans from various Benefit Makeup Kits that just weren't getting enough love in their original packaging and now they're in this palette I am using them a lot more (especially Hoola!) On the right side are the six shadows from the rather large and cumbersome e.l.f. Beauty Book Natural Look. I know this is going to be a great travel companion as I've got the eyes and cheeks covered.

MOST LOVED // July '14 - NARS Joie De Vivre All About Cheek Palette - CassandraMyee

MOST LOVED // July '14 - NARS Joie De Vivre All About Cheek Palette - CassandraMyee
NARS Joie de Vivre All About Cheek Palette
As I was browsing on the Walk in Wardrobe Makeup page on Facebook one night, I saw a girl selling this beautiful and limited edition NARS palette for only $25! All I could think was a) is she crazy for selling this? and b) gimme it right now! And so the deal was done and now I have this beautiful thing in my possession, and don't worry I gave it a thorough clean with isopropyl alcohol so it's all sanitized! Laguna has been on my wishlist for months and months now, and now finally I own it along with the Albatross highlight and four blushes in the shades Gaiety, Orgasm, Luster and Angelika. I absolutely love Gaiety, and Orgasm is just as amazing as everyone says it is. I think this wins for a bargain of the month!

MOST LOVED // July '14 - Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Palette in Fade In - CassandraMyee
Smashbox Fade To Black Photo Op Eye Shadow Palette in Fade In // [via. Smashbox]
You may have seen this in this haul post here and I've been using it on my eyes every chance I get. The shadows are beautifully formulated, blend so easily and are all the colours I love, with a good mix of matte and shimmer shades. And don't worry I will have a more in-depth review with swatches coming in the next week or so!

MOST LOVED // July '14 - Linden Leaves Lip Balm - CassandraMyee
Linden Leaves Lip Balm* with Organic White Tea + Manuka Honey // [via. Linden Leaves]
This little tube has been a constant desk staple for me over the month of July and I am constantly smearing this on my lips to combat the dryness during the winter. It is packed with natural ingredients like white tea, manuka honey, and sweet almond to heal, treat and protect the lips, plus it is NZ made, so what's not to love. I've especially been using this over the past week as I've been suffering from the typical winter sickness and my lips have been desperate for some moisturising and this works amazingly well.

MOST LOVED // July '14 - Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Contour Brush + e.l.f. Eyelash Curler - CassandraMyee
Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Contour Brush // [via. iHerb]
Although Real Techniques brushes will be my Most Loved always, I've been loving this one particularly for highlighting. It says it is for contour and it is great for that but I find this works perfectly for tapping a bit of sheen up the cheekbones and helps to deposit and blend it onto the skin in one swipe.

e.l.f. Eyelash Curler // [via. iHerb]
This came in a 5 piece kit I got in a big iHerb haul here and if I were you I'd just buy it for these eyelashes curlers alone. I thought the ones I was using were good, but they have got nothing on these! It gives the best curl without overly crimping the lashes and making them look like they just have a big kink in them. Plus they are gentle on the lashes and the finger holds are really comfortable.


MUSIC | FOOD | TV

MOST LOVED // July '14 - Other Favourites - Music, Chocolate, TV - CassandraMyee

Example - Live Life Living [Deluxe]
Music wise there is one standout album this month and it is from DJ, Example. I've been a big fan of his music for years and have loved his other releases and this album is no different. When I have it on I just want to dance around and have a big ol' party (just see the tweet below!) Some of the tracks I love are One More Day (Stay With Me), 10 Million People and Can't Face The World Alone. But on a whole is it one to be played loud, with good bass!
Whittakers Hundreds and Thousands Block
I think I can predict this will be many NZers favourite, you seriously need to try this out if you haven't already! It is a marriage made in heaven, with a white chocolate base, with 100s & 1000s and chunks of the biscuit pieces through it. I finished a block in about a 24 hour period and I think I'm going to need to stock up on this before it is gone forever!

Masterchef Australia Season 6
I love cooking shows and I love reality shows, so cooking competitions are some of my absolute favourite things to watch. After finishing MKR (My Kitchen Rules) [I resorted to watching online because I couldn't wait, but I'll keep who wins to myself!], I filled that void with Masterchef Australia! I've loved all the other seasons and I can't be bothered waiting til we get it on NZ TV (we are so behind on everything), so I watched online and in 2 and a half weeks I was caught up and watched the final last night! Now I need another cooking show to watch, any suggestions?

And that wraps up another month! If you haven't already, check out my international giveaway I am having to celebrate my one year blogging birthday - there are still 6 days until it closes! Also thank you so much for everyone who has entered and for all the amazing response it has got, made my month!

What have you been loving this month?

*Product sent to me by Linden Leaves
back to top