M.A.C COSMETICS | Lipsticks - Creme Cup + Snob


When I was lucky enough to receive my MAC palette for my birthday (blog posts; Part 001 + Part 002), I had to also order a couple of lipsticks that have been at the top of my wishlist for a very long time. I had never owned, nor tried a MAC lipstick before these two, but now I am on a MAC lipstick mission - gotta catch 'em all!



I went with two lipstick shades that I know I will get a lot of wear out of and boy, have I done that! Creme Cup has shot to the top of my favourite lipstick and Snob is just gorgeous for when I want a more pinker lip.

CREME CUP // Cremesheen Finish USD $16.00 - NZD $18.00 [approx.]
I've read a lot that the cremesheen formula seems to be a favourite among many and I can see why. It glides on so easily and feels very comfortable on the lips. Creme Cup is described as a 'light blue pink', it is more on the nude side and it has that 'your lips but better' look on the lips.


SNOB // Satin Finish USD $16.00
The satin finish is like a semi-matte finish, without the over-drying that mattes can have. It doesn't glide on an smooth as the cremesheen but packs on a whole lot more colour onto the lips. The swatch above is just one swipe and as you can see Snob is a darn beautiful, girly pink shade. The MAC website describes it as a 'light neutral pink'. I find this finish lasts a lot longer on the lips than Creme Cup does, purely due to the satin formula.


The swatches above show the difference obviously in the colours, but also the finishes. The cremesheen formula is a lot more glossier than the satin.

It was slightly dangerous getting these two lipsticks as now I really just want a lot more of their lipsticks, and I may have two more coming... (one from the Kelly Osbourne Collection and another from the Proenza Schouler Collection!) I use YouShop (a mail forwarding service, which you can read about in Part 001 of my MAC palette post) to buy from the US MAC site as it a lot cheaper than purchasing here in NZ with one lipstick costing $40.

I'd love to know what you're favourite MAC lipsticks are and what finishes do you prefer?  

Comments

back to top