L'OREAL + MAYBELLINE | Haul from Brands Exclusive



Brands Exclusive is a site, pretty much like NZ Sale - they have a variety of different sales with new ones added on the daily and range from fashion, homeware, beauty, accessories etc. I have been signed up with the site for a while but none of the sales had really grabbed me until they had a huge L'Oreal and Maybelline one a few months back. The prices weren't ridiculously cheap (well the nail polishes were $4 each and I may have ordered a few of those!), but they were cheaper than what you would pay for in a store. I ended up ordering 8 items, plus got a free nail polish thrown in and the shipping ended up at $12.60 - which I have to admit is on the steep side, so I've been hesitant to order from them again. But I did get some good products, which I just had to share.


001. L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder in W2 Light Ivory // $20.99 [with free blush below]
I've heard good things about the True Match range and they had these powders with a free blush included. I have quite a few transparent powders but nothing with a bit of coverage to them, so thought this would be perfect. I really like it, it is very fine and is almost undetectable on the skin but helps set down foundation and concealer well and it's great for touch-ups.


002. L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Blush in Bare Honey
With the powder, it came with this cute blush in the shade Bare Honey. They had no choice of colours, and was a little disappointed with the shade I got but I am growing to like it. It looks very brown and bronzer like in the pan, but comes off on the skin a bit peachy. I think this would work well if you were going for really bronzed and tanned skin.


003. L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Eye Shadow in Gleaming Bronze // $8.99
This shade looked a lot different on the site and when it says 'Gleaming Bronze' I was expecting something a bit more brown/bronzed. Instead, it is very similar to another shade I own in Cosmic Black (review + swatch of it here) The shades are almost identical, although Cosmic Black is definitely more olive green and Gleaming Bronze is more bronzed tone when you see them beside each other.

But despite that I absolutely adore this line of shadows, they are a semi-pressed pigment with incredible pigmentation. They're smooth, shimmery and look amazing on the lid, but perhaps don't go for both of these shades!


004. Maybelline Color Show Nail Stickers in Platinum NYC // $3.99
I really like using nail stickers every now and then when I can't be bothered with polish and they often give you effects that you just couldn't achieve with polish alone. I love these ones - they have a silver, mirror finish with the New York City skyline printed along the base.


005. Maybelline Color Whisper in Pink Bombshell // $8.99
It's no surprise I got some more of the Color Whispers, I own three already and just love them (see them here + here). They are sheer, but also give a great colour payoff, have a smooth balm-like texture and are just generally great for no-fuss day to day wear. Pink Bombshell is not really pink, but a bit more orange/coral in colour.

006. Maybelline Color Whisper in Strike A Rose // $8.99
This shade is the medium pink shade in the bottom swatch. It comes off much lighter on the lips than it looks in the tube.

Along with these 6 items, I also got a few Maybelline Color Show Nail Polishes, but they will be coming in a separate post, so stay tuned for that one. Much like NZ Sale, the shipping wait can be a fairly long one. These took nearly a month to get to me, which I had expected but I know that for some people that is just way too long to be waiting, especially when you are paying quite a bit for the shipping. Just bear that in mind if you want to order things from Brands Exclusive.

Have you made any orders from this site before, or tried any of the products I got? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

back to top