COLLECTION COSMETICS | Now In NZ!


Let's all just give New Zealand a round of applause for finally bringing us some international makeup brands to our shores; first it was e.l.f. at Kmart and now Collection UK have launched in Countdown Supermarkets across the country. I had heard a rumour it was coming a few months ago, but really didn't want to get my hopes up, but two weeks ago the Collection stands started cropping up around the country. I think we have all heard of the infamous Lasting Perfection Concealer from the UK bloggers and vloggers, with it being a 'holy grail' for many people, so I was pretty desperate to get my hands on it!



This is at Northlands Countdown in CHCH, with a nice fully stocked stand. I must have looked a right weirdo taking a picture of this in the middle of the aisle, but I have no shame because I was so excited to see it there! The prices are pretty reasonable, on par with Maybelline (but just a touch cheaper). It ranges from $6 for nail polishes to $25 for the foundations. I only grabbed two items, but I will definitely be getting a few more to try out soon.


001. Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil in Hot Chocolate 4 // $12.59
These eyeshadow pencils come in 6 different shades, all of which looks beautiful (I particularly love the look of the Vanilla Sky - would be great for an inner corner highlight). It promises to be velvety, easily blendable, long lasting and waterproof and it has ticked all of those boxes. I wore this to work and it lasted me all day and into the night without any fading or creasing and the colour looked amazing! It has a coppery shimmer through it, with a bronze/brown base. It glides on like a dream, but you have to work quickly to blend it out because it sets in a matter of seconds. These are a complete winner in my books and I definitely need to get the other shades!


002. Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in Fair 1 // $14.59
Getting this concealer was at the top of my list, I almost squealed in excitement while I was buying it - yes, I was that excited! There are only two shades, Fair and Light, which is quite limited but for light/medium skin tones they should work perfectly for you. As soon as I used this, it was love straight away, I got the shade Fair purely for my under eye, would definitely be a bit to light for blemishes. Under the eye it blends out so well, has full coverage and instantly brightens. I haven't experienced any creasing with this and it really does stay put all day and night. I can understand why this is a holy grail for so many people!

I'd love to hear from my UK readers as to what to try next from Collection, so let me know any recommendations, or products to avoid (if there is any!) Also this post may seem like a sponsored one but it is not at all, I was just so excited to see it here in NZ that I wanted to share it with you all!

Comments

back to top