REVLON | 4-Piece Splendid Giftset [On Sale for only $20!]

 When I went into Farmers yesterday, as I usually do if I am out shopping at the mall, I walked past the Revlon stand and was instantly drawn to the big $20 red sale sign to find all the Revlon gift sets were marked down to $20 each! My makeup radar was on full overdrive and it took me a good 10 minutes deciding what set to actually get as they had a bunch of different combo, some fragrance ones, others with more makeup items in them. I decided on the Splendid set, as I was drawn to the lip butter and nail polish and the perfume sounded like it would smell lovely, or 'splendid' should I say.

These are left over stock from Christmas time as I remember looking at them over the festive season and now they are in full sale mode, obviously to get rid of the last sets. It comes in a lovely box that can be reused and with 4 full sized products.



 As you can see this particular kit retailed at $46.95, so is a steal at $20!!

001. Splendid Eau de Toilette Spray [48ml]
This is described as 'an opulent and sophisticated fragrance with a blend of peony, freesia and red berries'. I didn't know what to expect with the fragrance as has never smelt any of Revlon's offerings, but I am pleasantly surprised. It is extremely floral and very soft and feminine.

002. Splendid Perfumed Body Spray [90ml]
Along with the perfume is the body spray. This takes me back to my Impulse spray loving days where we would dose ourselves in that stuff, so this is definitely a bit of a throw back. It has the same scent, but obviously not as strong as the perfume, so good for lazy days or also really nice as a room spray.

003. Colorburst Lip Butter in 045 Cotton Candy
I think it was having this lip butter in the set that really sold it to me as these retail for around $25 at Revlon stands. I have 3 already (Gumdrop, Lollipop + Sugar Plum) and I really love the formulas. Cotton Candy is a light pink with gold shimmer throughout. The other 3 Lip Butters I already have aren't as sheer as this one, but you can build up the colour on the lips that leaves a pink sheen. They are very comfortable and moisturising as well.


004. Nail Enamel in 211 Charming
Along with the lip butter I was happy to have a nail polish included. I am a huge fan of their polishes and have fair amount of their colours and this shade in Charming was one I was missing. It is light, pastel lavender that is opaque in 2 coats and has a high shiny finish to it.

I would say that most Farmers would have these gift sets for clearance as the Farmers at Riccarton in Christchurch had a huge amount. At $20, you can't go wrong, so rush out to Farmers as soon as you can and nab a deal! I am holding back from going and purchasing one of each other set too... I promise I won't... but I might...

Comments

back to top