THE SAMPLES #002 | L'Oreal, Booty Parlor, Garnier, ROC, The Body Shop + Origins


It has been a couple of months since my first The Samples post, so I dug around the samples draw once again and pulled out a few things to give a try. I feel like I stash away all the sample sachets and never get round to using them, so these posts are great to motivate me to use them up!



001. L'Oreal Paris Elvive Full Restore 5 Replenishing Shampoo for Weak, Limp, Lifeless Hair [$6.59 for 250ml via. My Beauty Store]
This shampoo was relatively ok; it looked and smelt like a pretty standard shampoo with white milky translucency which lathered well. The only down point was washing it out left my hair feeling quite stiff and like it was screaming out for a good lot of conditioner.

002. L'Oreal Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Restoring Creme Conditioner for Damaged, Lifeless Hair [$6.59 for 250ml via. My Beauty Store]
I was pleased to have the conditioner as my hair needed it after the shampoo! It has the same pleasant smell as the shampoo but was a much more creamy consistency. It did well to soften the hair, which meant it was easy to run the conditioner through it. It left my hair feeling soft, detangled and out of the shower was very easy to brush. I'm not sure whether I would purchase this particular line from L'Oreal, simply because the shampoo felt quite harsh and I really didn't like how it felt after using it.


003. Booty Parlor Flirty Little Secret Firming Bronzer With Pheromones [USD $36.00 for 135ml via. Booty Parlor]
This little circular sample came from a Sample Bar box early last year and was something that just didn't appeal to me to actually use, but I gave it a go, and it's safe to say I probably won't be using it again. It is a instant bronzing cream, that supposedly also firms and produces pheromones to attract the opposite sex - an interesting concept I have to say! It was quite difficult to apply, perhaps because I didn't have enough but it just didn't glide on very smoothly to my arms. It had a very odd smell, that I just couldn't pinpoint. The colour was very orangey and almost burnt red in colour once on the skin. It was also packed with shimmer which looked incredibly unnatural. The product didn't sink it just sat on the skin and I had to use a makeup wipe to remove it all or else my sheets would have been looking awful! I definitely will not be buying this (I mean look at how expensive it is!)


004. Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin in Fair/Clair [$16.99 for 40ml via. My Beauty Store]
I was really looking forward to trying this one out, I've used the Rimmel one and found it very thick with quite a funky smell and I really like the Maybelline Dream Pure BB, so was looking to see where this one sits in the cheaper BB ranks. It had no obvious or offence smell to it and was much more liquidy then the Rimmel and Maybelline offerings. It went on very smooth with good coverage, probably light to medium (which you can build up. You can get away with wearing this on it's own with a bit of concealer. It dries to a semi matte finish and stays put. I have brought the full size of this and absolutely love it.


005. ROC Hydra + Bio Active Anti-Oxidant Bio-Moisturising Cream SPF 15 for Normal Skin
I've never tried or really even heard of ROC but after a bit of research it seems like a very good brand. This moisturiser had the typical no-smell, but kind of clean skincare type scent. It was relatively thick as day creams go, but was easy to apply and it sunk in very quickly. I found it to give a good amount of moisture but it did get a bit oily through out the day.


006. The Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish [$19.95 for 200ml via. The Body Shop]
I love when you're shopping and places give you a few free samples and The Body Shop are always a good one for doing that. I was given this Strawberry Body Polish to use and I absolutely loved it. First off it smelt delicious of real strawberries and I kind of wanted to eat it... As an exfoliator it was really great, it was filled with different sized beads, micro ones and then also larger black strawberry seed-like beads. The smell lingered on the skin and my skin was feeling nice and soft. I would definitely purchase this - the scent won me over.


007. Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser with Saw Palmetto + Mint [$46.00 for 50ml via. Mecca Cosmetica NZ]
I can't remember where or when I got this but I am glad I did. It was a generous 15ml sample which I got almost a week and half use out of it. Origins is obviously a really great brand and I am not surprised at how good this cleanser was. The smell was really nice and as a cleanser it really did it's job to get rid of makeup and dirt on the skin to leave a fresh and clean feeling. The actual cleanser was a gel consistency that lathered up with a bit of water on the face. I would consider purchasing this, but currently the price point is a little to high for me.

If you have tried any of these products, please let me know what you think about them in the comments. It was a bit of a mixed bag this time round, so let's see what the next The Samples will bring.

Comments

back to top