SAMPLE BAR GLAM PACK | September End Of Month Review


The September Sample Bar Glam Pack was a little hit and miss for me with 2 products that I didn't actually end up trying because the past month just seemed to fly by! To see my unboxing and initial thoughts from the September pack, you can find it here. Now onto each products...


PRODUCT 001. EVOLU Protective Day Cream SPF 15 20ml [RRP $54.99 (75ml)]
Evolu was a brand I had tried a few samples from years ago and it was nice to receive this very generous sample of their day cream. I would say it is quite a medium to thick cream and takes a minute or so to soak in completely and you only need a small amount. It has a subtle but natural smell to it and is free of all the bad things such as parabens, sulphates, artificial colours or fragrances and is made in New Zealand which is great. It is for all skin types, and it feels very moisturising but by the end of the day it does make me feel a little oily (due to my combination/oily skin) but I find that it happens with most moisturizers anyway. I also like that this has SPF in it and is going to be great for the warmer months. 

PRODUCT 002. Maybelline Dream Pure 8-in-1 BB Cream [RRP $19.99 (30ml)]
I have been using this BB Cream for over 2 months now and I absolutely love it, so the samples were nothing new to me. The pack came with a weeks worth of sample, which are going to be great for travel. The thing I love about this BB Cream is that it does have quite a bit of coverage and dries matte and helps to keep oily skin at bay whilst also treating it with 2% salicylic acid. I usually wear this under my foundation when I want a heavier coverage and it works really well. No doubt I will continue to buy this when it runs out, as I love it.

PRODUCT 003. Nimue Purifier [RRP $81.00 (50ml)]
I have used this product nearly every night since I got it in my pack and I think there is still a heap of it left, so a very generous sample size! After doing cleansing, toning and moisturising I use a tiny amount of this on areas where I am breaking out (mostly chin and cheeks area). It is designed for problematic skin (me to a T) and I find in the morning that spots have reduced and don't seem as red or nasty as the night before. You can read more about it on the Nimue website. This is my favourite items from the September Glam Pack for sure.

PRODUCT 004. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Floral & Flirty Blush [RRP $7.99 - $15.99 (50ml-200ml)]
This was another product that I already have been using for months because it is so great! I use this when my hair just needs a bit more life put in it, especially if I am going out in the evening it works so well to refresh the hair and give it some volume that it lost through out the day. I just spray it mostly at the roots and then rub it in using my fingers to spruce up my hair. It smells nice as well and doesn't leave any traces of white dust. A lot of people swear by this stuff and I can see why, I'm glad to have a small can to chuck in my bag, as the full size one I own is a little to big for that! 

PRODUCT 005. YON-KA PARIS Ultra Protection SPF 25 Sunscreen [$49.90 (50ml)]
I can't comment on this item as I haven't even used it yet unfortunately. The weather hasn't been hot enough (nor have I been doing much outdoors activity) to really test out the sunscreen and I am wanting to save it for the much hotter summer months. It does smell really nice though and is supposed to have anti-aging properties in it.

PRODUCT 006. Broadway Real Life Nails [RRP $21.99]
The last item is another one that I didn't try because I don't really like fake nails and these ones were basically the same length as my natural nails anyway so seemed a little pointless for me to even use them. I will be handing them off to someone who will actually use them. But I am sure those who like fake nails, would have loved these as part of the Glam pack, but for me, not so much.

So as I said, definitely hit and miss, I loved the Nimue Purifier and Evolu moisturiser, already own (and love) the Batiste Dry Shampoo and Maybelline BB Cream and didn't try the YON-KA sunscreen nor the Broadway nails. So it was a good pack, but definitely not a great one for me... but each to their own! Hoping that October's will be full with some exciting things.
back to top