SAMPLE BAR GLAM PACK | October Unboxing + Initial Thoughts


Happy 1st Birthday to Sample Bar! This Glam Pack was much anticipated as it is their birthday box and I am pretty pleased with the goodies inside. For those of you who don't know about SB, it is a monthly subscription service for $25 here in New Zealand much like Birchbox etc in the US and UK. Last months pack was all right so I am hoping these products will impress a bit more.





PRODUCT 001. Pure Fiji Hydrating Guava Body Lotion [Fullsize RRP $49.00 (350ml)]
Pure Fiji is quite a luxurious brand found at lots of spas and resorts and I had heard of the brand but can't remember if I have actually tried anything from them. This lotion smells SO good, I am looking forward to using it.


PRODUCT 002. Couleur Caramel Cooked Powder Tanned Effect Bronzer [RRP range from $21.90 - $49.90 (3g - 10g)]
This was a very intriguing product and when I opened it up I was blown away by the gorgeous packaging and the imprint on the bronzer - so pretty! The brand is one I had never heard of and according to the card given in the pack, it is Paris based brand and is one of the leading make up lines sold in high-end spas and Salon in France and worldwide. All their products are 100% natural, fair trade, cruelty free, vegan and contain no chemicals or parabens. The packaging is cardboard and is recyclable also.

It is called the Cooked Powder Tanned Effect and is quite a deep bronze colour with hints of gold shimmer through out, which will be interesting to see how it looks on the skin. This full size product retails for $49.90! So this has exceeded the amount that was actually paid for the whole pack. Really excited about this product.


PRODUCT 003. Youngblood Mini Lipstick in Vixen [Fullsize RRP $43.50 (4g)]
I almost missed this adorable little lipstick sample when I first opened the box! It is so cute, but also quite a generous amount of the actual lipstick. It is a very cool toned and I usually don't go for such red lips but will be giving this one a try as it is a really lovely shade.


PRODUCT 004. Rosehip by Essano Gentle Foaming Cleanser [Fullsize RRP $14.99 (140ml)]
Another brand I had never heard of is this one, but apparently you can get it at Countdown supermarkets, I have just never seen it! In the Glam pack there were 2 30ml samples of the foaming cleanser, although it would have been nice to get 2 different samples from the brand, but 60ml of one product is a pretty generous sample. The foaming cleanser is rich in certified organic Rosehip oil, which is really great for your skin (I use pure Rosehip oil at night on my face), and helps to reduce scars while also replenishing the skin.


PRODUCT 005. Angel Orange Flower Shampoo + Hair Mask [Fullsize RRP $39.00 (400ml)]
This is the third sample from the Angel brand and I am looking forward to trying these as the last 2 samples were great. There are 2 sachets of each shampoo and hair mask (8ml size). The shampoo contains bitter orange flower extract which is used to help retain colour and leave the hair soft and shiny - great for me as I have extremely coloured hair! The hair mask is packed with powerful ingredients to lock in colour and leave the hair shiny and vivacious - according to the card - all sounds good to me!


PRODUCT 006. Dots Laundry Powder [Fullsize RRP $6.99 - $13.99 (1kg - 2kg)]
To the final and very random bonus product in the October Glam Pack, a sachet of laundry powder... very interesting indeed! Unfortunately we don't have a top loader so I can't actually use this.

The Birthday Glam Pack is quite a good one - I am excited by all the items, bar the laundry powder, and look forward to trying and testing over the next four weeks.
back to top