MY DAILY FACE #001


This marks the start of a new series of posts titled The Daily Face. Although this is nothing new and many bloggers post their daily make up, I like the idea as it's good documentation to find out which products that you gravitate towards most. This won't be everyday, maybe once a week, or whenever I am mixing up my routine with different products. Today's Daily Face is basically my everyday make up that I wear to Uni or if I'm out and about, it's nothing fancy or out there. If I get a bit braver I might even get my selfie on (maybe...), but for now enjoy the GIF I taught myself how to make (ooh, fancy!)




001. THE BASE
I stared by priming with The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser, that is great to smooth out the surface of the skin while also treating it. I go in with the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream Cream in Light to even out redness etc and have been currently using the Look Beauty Airbrush Base Foundation in Light Shade 1 when I want more coverage. I like this foundation, the colour is a good match and gives light to medium coverage, but can be built up. My go to brush for foundation is the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, it makes such a difference to the overall finish.

002. CONCEAL
My go to concealers at the moment are Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Under Eye Concealer in Fair and Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in 03 Sand (which I harp on about it, because it is so great!). To buff and blend, I love the Real Techniques Contour Brush, does an amazing job.

To set everything I use a good dusting of my much loved Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent with a kabuki brush.


003. CONTOUR + BLUSH
I have been loving the Sleek Makeup Face Contour Kit in Light - the bronzer colour is perfect and looks really natural. The Real Techniques Duo Fibre Face Brush works so well for contouring as it is thin and makes contouring really easy. I dust a bit of the highlighter from the kit on the top of my cheek bones and lightly under the brows. For blush I have been testing the W7 Candy Floss Brightening Face Powder. It has a light pink colour and almost works as a highlighter. Using the Real Techniques Blush Brush helps to control the amount of product so I don't over do it!

004. EYES
I keep it really simple on the eyes and curl them with the Manicare Eyelash Curler so that my lashes become the main focus. I have rekindled my love for the Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Mascara in Glam Black which I used to use all the time. I found it in my make up draw, so I am just using the last of it up. It gives good volume and I couldn't go anywhere without big, black lashes.


005. LIPS
I either opt for a lip balm or a pretty simple pink lip colour, I used the Miki Cosmetics Lipstick in Summer Crush which is a super cheap lipstick, but the pigmentation is so good and they aren't drying and go on smooth.

That's it for #001 in my Daily Face series, pretty quick and easy make up for everyday. Stay tuned for more...
back to top